Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
37 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

SeaFall» Forums » General

Subject: Any news from Gencon?.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Or from anywhere really?..
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dettmar
United States
Ontario
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing it's getting trumped by pandemic legacy. I was hoping this would be out by now
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
United Kingdom
southampton
hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Dare To Roll - www.whodaresrolls.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm suspecting that this will be a GenCon 2016 release.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember hearing on the plaid hat podcast that it for sure isn't coming out in 2015. I'll agree with the Gencon 2016 date. I would be surprised if it was any earlier.

I can't wait to preorder this.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
IMagus wrote:
I remember hearing on the plaid hat podcast that it for sure isn't coming out in 2015. I'll agree with the Gencon 2016 date. I would be surprised if it was any earlier.

I can't wait to preorder this.


That would seem a bit problematic if Chronicles 1: Origins is coming out at the same time.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BETA......TESTERS.....READY....AND....WAITING.....SIR! (and then I woke up.)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Marsh
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
ahh, get it off.. get it... GET IT OFF!!
badge
ahh, get it off.. get it... GET IT OFF!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
IMagus wrote:
I remember hearing on the plaid hat podcast that it for sure isn't coming out in 2015. I'll agree with the Gencon 2016 date. I would be surprised if it was any earlier.

I can't wait to preorder this.


That would seem a bit problematic if Chronicles 1: Origins is coming out at the same time.


i was thinking the same thing. maybe Seafall will come out early in '16 between Pandemic & Chronicles: Origins. That would be ideal.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SeaFall was originally planned for this year. I hope it's not pushed back as far as GenCon next year. After hearing it got pushed to 2016, I was hoping/expecting that to mean early 2016.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
mordai wrote:
Or from anywhere really?..

Plaid Hat Games expects to release SeaFall in 2016, according to F2Z Entertainment marketing and communications manager Lyne Bouthillette.
55 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
United Kingdom
southampton
hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Dare To Roll - www.whodaresrolls.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers Eric, and thinking about it with Chronicles happening Gen Con time then a quarter 1/2 release seems likely.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Butler
United States
Garden Grove
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
IMagus wrote:
I remember hearing on the plaid hat podcast that it for sure isn't coming out in 2015. I'll agree with the Gencon 2016 date. I would be surprised if it was any earlier.

I can't wait to preorder this.


That would seem a bit problematic if Chronicles 1: Origins is coming out at the same time.


Different publishers easily means different production schedules. If the general design is handed off to another designer, things can be made in parallel. They certainly aren't sharing art/editing/production resources.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
W Eric Martin wrote:
mordai wrote:
Or from anywhere really?..

Plaid Hat Games expects to release SeaFall in 2016, according to F2Z Entertainment marketing and communications manager Lyne Bouthillette.


Did they give any hint as to roughly when in 2016? 1st Quarter? 4th Quarter?

The complete lack of any news is sorta disconcerting.

I did a site search on Plaid Hat and basically nothing comes up newer than 2013:

google this:
sitelaidhatgames.com seafall

I understand if there are delays, etc. but at least some sort of announcement or progress report each month or two would be nice. Even if is just says we are still working on it. Seafall is starting to feel like a dead project. Plaid Hat does not even have it listed as a coming soon game.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
klurejr wrote:
I understand if there are delays, etc. but at least some sort of announcement or progress report each month or two would be nice. Even if is just says we are still working on it. Seafall is starting to feel like a dead project. Plaid Hat does not even have it listed as a coming soon game.

I spoke with Rob Daviau at Spiel 2015, and while we weren't specifically talking about SeaFall, some of his comments suggested that work on the game is still ongoing. As he's said in the past, he didn't realize when he started SeaFall design how long the process would take, but compared to Risk Legacy, he started from scratch with SeaFall, so he's had to create the entirety of the game's world, which is quite involved.
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
W Eric Martin wrote:
I spoke with Rob Daviau at Spiel 2015, and while we weren't specifically talking about SeaFall, some of his comments suggested that work on the game is still ongoing. As he's said in the past, he didn't realize when he started SeaFall design how long the process would take, but compared to Risk Legacy, he started from scratch with SeaFall, so he's had to create the entirety of the game's world, which is quite involved.


Totally understandable. I just wish we had some sort of update letting us know the project is not forgotten or stalled. At first it seemed like we were getting updates every few weeks and news form play testers, etc... and now it feels like nothing for the last 6 months.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob gives updates on SeaFall on his podcast, Game Design Roundtable
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickersham
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
...ANNNDD??
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From this viewpoint it's beginning to feel more like a thought experiment than a practical design that'll ever turn into a game that can be purchased. One that is more likely to be overtaken by events and whose relevance is diluted by other "legacy" designs - many of them collaborations by Daviau himself. For me, my anticipation has turned into ennui and I'm moving on.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Anderson
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubbish, The game is passed off to the pubblisher, the problem was that the first announcement was way too early. Plaid Hat Games have not yet announced a release date. but it is in final playtesting prior to release.

This isn't vaporware, it is a very difficult to develop project that is nearing completion.
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's good to hear. But my interest has, nevertheless, dwindled to almost nothing. I'll wait for the hype engine to build once real copies are available for review, but at this point my opinion isn't changed by your rude response to my expression of my point of view.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I can maintain my buzz of excitement for this game almost indefinitely - it's a tantric thing.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Anderson
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was responding to your over the top doom and gloom post that stated things that were just not true. Have whatever opinion you want but saying that a game in active development is more of a thought experiment than a game should be called out.

I'm not going to mince words with someone spreading misinformation.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
knaves wrote:
I was responding to your over the top doom and gloom post that stated things that were just not true. Have whatever opinion you want but saying that a game in active development is more of a thought experiment than a game should be called out.

I'm not going to mince words with someone spreading misinformation.
OK, I have no problem with that. As long as you don't put words in my mouth. I'm glad my viewpoint carries so much weight with you that you interpret it as observations of fact, but they're just expressions of how things seem to me. Which is, with the information that I have consumed - especially waiting on news from "the most important Con in the world" where one might expect some news to surface - that of a project going nowhere. As I said, I'm glad for you that I'm wrong, but my interest has waned to practically zero (and that is an actual fact).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
knaves wrote:
I was responding to your over the top doom and gloom post that stated things that were just not true. Have whatever opinion you want but saying that a game in active development is more of a thought experiment than a game should be called out.

I'm not going to mince words with someone spreading misinformation.
OK, I have no problem with that. As long as you don't put words in my mouth. I'm glad my viewpoint carries so much weight with you that you interpret it as observations of fact, but they're just expressions of how things seem to me. Which is, with the information that I have consumed - especially waiting on news from "the most important Con in the world" where one might expect some news to surface - that of a project going nowhere. As I said, I'm glad for you that I'm wrong, but my interest has waned to practically zero (and that is an actual fact).


Your continual comments suggest otherwise. Just sayin.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What a strange interaction this has been.

Crispy, I think the problem was the series of posts that came before yours.

Post 1: Rob Daviau talked about this on his podcast.
Post 2: What did he say?
Post 3: The game is vaporware.
Post 4: No it's not.

Your post (Post 3) was not a response to the one before yours, but for some reading directly along, it looks like it is. That said, I don't really see how calling your post "rubbish" is really all that rude. Maybe rude by typical BGG standards, but pretty reasonable as far as conversation on the Internet goes.
5 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goodnuff
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
My interest had started to wane...until I started Pandemic Legacy and it has surged from that experience. I just want to consume all of Rob's legacy game creations now.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.