Derrek McNab
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately I wasn't around to let all of them know that memoir expansions involve other expansions. I'd hate to see them end up feeling like they wasted money or we tricked them into buying more to get everything.

Any suggestions for those who bought the base set and buy the equipment pack?

It looks like they all involve extra cards you can't get from the base set or EP. I don't see an option to choose "equipment pack" from the scenario search on the M44 site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Smith
United States
Kokomo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The equipment pack generally replaces tokens in other expansions that identified certain types of equipment such as half-tracks, tank-destroyers, snipers and the like. However, it does have a few figure types that are not anywhere else such as Hobart's Funnies and French Troops.

All of the expansions instructions are available for free download at DoW's website for Memoir 44. The cards you mention are likely the rules summary cards. They are available in a couple of different file formats on the file pages here on BGG for Memoir 44. You could also look at the rules summary cards on DoW's website too. There are a few scenarios that come with the equipment pack that should be playable with what you have. If not, you could easily use proxies for the proper terrain.

Though the equipment pack is nice, it is not really the best one for someone who has only the base game. The expansions that have other figures such a Eastern Front which includes the Soviet Union, Mediterranean which includes the Brits, or Pacific Theater which includes the Japanese are usually what others buy first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron H
United States
Washington
Missouri
flag msg tools
I play Memor 44,Tide of Iron, and Axis and Allies:1942!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are plenty of other scenarios that you can use on the scenarios from the front website, including fan created scenarios.
http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/content/scenariofans...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.