GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,522 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
95 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: AP: Half of blacks say police have treated them unfairly rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Webb Space Telescope in 2018!
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Sad


WASHINGTON (AP) — A majority of blacks in the United States — more than 3 out of 5 — say they or a family member have personal experience with being treated unfairly by the police, and their race is the reason.

Half of African-Americans respondents, including 6 in 10 black men, said they personally had been treated unfairly by police because of their race, compared with 3 percent of whites. Another 15 percent said they knew of a family member who had been treated unfairly by the police because of their race.


http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150805/us--ap_poll-blacks_...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tesuji wrote:
Sad


WASHINGTON (AP) — A majority of blacks in the United States — more than 3 out of 5 — say they or a family member have personal experience with being treated unfairly by the police, and their race is the reason.

Half of African-Americans respondents, including 6 in 10 black men, said they personally had been treated unfairly by police because of their race, compared with 3 percent of whites. Another 15 percent said they knew of a family member who had been treated unfairly by the police because of their race.


http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150805/us--ap_poll-blacks_...


How many of these blacks that said they were treated unfairly were doing questionable things when the police encountered them?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
tesuji wrote:
Sad


WASHINGTON (AP) — A majority of blacks in the United States — more than 3 out of 5 — say they or a family member have personal experience with being treated unfairly by the police, and their race is the reason.

Half of African-Americans respondents, including 6 in 10 black men, said they personally had been treated unfairly by police because of their race, compared with 3 percent of whites. Another 15 percent said they knew of a family member who had been treated unfairly by the police because of their race.


http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150805/us--ap_poll-blacks_...


How many of these blacks that said they were treated unfairly were doing questionable things when the police encountered them?

What do you think that number is?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
tesuji wrote:
Sad


WASHINGTON (AP) — A majority of blacks in the United States — more than 3 out of 5 — say they or a family member have personal experience with being treated unfairly by the police, and their race is the reason.

Half of African-Americans respondents, including 6 in 10 black men, said they personally had been treated unfairly by police because of their race, compared with 3 percent of whites. Another 15 percent said they knew of a family member who had been treated unfairly by the police because of their race.


http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150805/us--ap_poll-blacks_...


How many of these blacks that said they were treated unfairly were doing questionable things when the police encountered them?

What do you think that number is?


I guess you are my own personal stalker you useless fucking piece of shit.
What do think the fucking number is you fucking asshole?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
tesuji wrote:
Sad


WASHINGTON (AP) — A majority of blacks in the United States — more than 3 out of 5 — say they or a family member have personal experience with being treated unfairly by the police, and their race is the reason.

Half of African-Americans respondents, including 6 in 10 black men, said they personally had been treated unfairly by police because of their race, compared with 3 percent of whites. Another 15 percent said they knew of a family member who had been treated unfairly by the police because of their race.


http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150805/us--ap_poll-blacks_...


How many of these blacks that said they were treated unfairly were doing questionable things when the police encountered them?
That does not mean they should not be treated fairly.
15 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like a poll about perception more than actuality. But with something like this, the perception is the actuality since it defines how many neighborhoods view the police.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt you will answer that, so why does it matter? Doing questionable things doesn't mean a person should be treated unfairly.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope we get pages and pages of "No... YOU tell ME what you think the number is." That'll be awesome.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
I doubt you will answer that, so why does it matter? Doing questionable things doesn't mean a person should be treated unfairly.


I have ZERO doubt that people would say that police treated them unfairly if they got caught doing something and they are just pissed off the police were getting up on them for that.
Idiot
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just because someone who has had an encounter with the police SAYS they were treated unfairly, does not make it true.

They could have been pulled over for....wait for it..... Failure to signal, and no matter what the cop did, the person could say, I WAS TREATED UNFAIRLY.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bimmy Jim
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder what the results would be if the same questions were asked here in Canada.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
story behind famous photograph finally revealed - he was doing questionable things~

12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody else had to do a double take when 3 out of 5 blacks voted for something? Anyone? Anyone? ... *wanders off*
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
ejmowrer wrote:
Nobody else finds it hilarious that 3 out of 5 blacks voted for something? Anyone? Anyone? ... *wanders off*

its funny cos its racist~
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
I have ZERO doubt that people would say that police treated them unfairly if they got caught doing something and they are just pissed off the police were getting up on them for that.
Idiot


Yet only 3 percent of white people in the study feel police treated them unfairly?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
ejmowrer wrote:
Nobody else finds it hilarious that 3 out of 5 blacks voted for something? Anyone? Anyone? ... *wanders off*

its funny cos its racist~


Everyone's a little bit racist. I just think funny coincidences are funny.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
I have ZERO doubt that people would say that police treated them unfairly if they got caught doing something and they are just pissed off the police were getting up on them for that.
Idiot


Yet only 3 percent of white people in the study feel police treated them unfairly?



Look at the riots in ferguson.
Maybe that is a piece to this puzzle.....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
I have ZERO doubt that people would say that police treated them unfairly if they got caught doing something and they are just pissed off the police were getting up on them for that.
Idiot


Yet only 3 percent of white people in the study feel police treated them unfairly?



Treat them unfairly, or treat them unfairly because of their race?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
single sentences wrote:
ejmowrer wrote:
Nobody else finds it hilarious that 3 out of 5 blacks voted for something? Anyone? Anyone? ... *wanders off*

its funny cos its racist~

The 3/5ths compromise was not racist. This is a common misconception. Counting slaves (who could not vote), as 3/5 of a person for the purposes of assigned Representatives reduced the power of slaveowners. The north didn't want slaves to count at all and the south wanted them to fully count.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
I have ZERO doubt that people would say that police treated them unfairly if they got caught doing something and they are just pissed off the police were getting up on them for that.
Idiot


Yet only 3 percent of white people in the study feel police treated them unfairly?



Treat them unfairly, or treat them unfairly because of their race?

The survey question was "because of race".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ejmowrer wrote:
Nobody else had to do a double take when 3 out of 5 blacks voted for something? Anyone? Anyone? ... *wanders off*


I thought it was funny becasue they managed to get 2/5th to vote the other way, Republicans would be salivating at those numbers.

But kudos on the unintentional racism ! well played.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
I have ZERO doubt that people would say that police treated them unfairly if they got caught doing something and they are just pissed off the police were getting up on them for that.
Idiot


Yet only 3 percent of white people in the study feel police treated them unfairly?



Treat them unfairly, or treat them unfairly because of their race?

The survey question was "because of race".


So we are saying that 60% of black respondents say they were treated unfairly because of their race, but only 3% of white respondents say they were treated unfairly because of their race. Soooooprise. Can we get a poll of who thinks the police treated them unfairly because of their mullet and see just what the ratios are like then?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:


How many of these blacks that said they were treated unfairly were doing questionable things when the police encountered them?


Such as driving a car as if they were a white person?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless racial epithets were hurled, how would one know the perceived unfairness was due to race?

What constitutes unfair treatment? I've gotten tickets when a warning seemed more appropriate and vice versa. I was definitely pulled over for speeding once immediately after being passed, was that unfair? (I was speeding, but was ~10 mph slower than the four cars [that weren't rental cars] that had just passed me.)

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aiabx wrote:
TheDashi wrote:


How many of these blacks that said they were treated unfairly were doing questionable things when the police encountered them?


Such as driving a car as if they were a white person?


Yeah ignore all the things said previously, soy ou can chime in with your ridiculous bullshit.
Bravo. Racist.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.