GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,020 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Deploy cards - is it possible to have two or more cards of the same name at the same location? Think I've heard "only one of the same name" in the video tutorial, but now can't hear it anymore ... maybe just my imagination?

Battle - the rules say "Players first check ... have 0 Health ... are discarded immediately."
This would include my own Warcaster - however the tutorial and rules say a Warcaster cannot be destroyed, and I guess that's correct, otherwise I couldn't use a Warcaster's abilities.
So it should be "Players first check if any of their cards except Warcaster(s) have 0 Health ..."

When do abilities come into effect, if it's not said "When you discard ..." or the like. Just once when you deploy the card? Think so ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Meyer
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct, Warcasters and Warlocks are not discarded when the battle starts. Technically they don't have health so that rule doesn't apply to them.

You are correct on the second question as well. If it doesn't have a specific phase it's either always in effect or it's in effect when you deploy the card.

Are there any card texts, specifically, you are having issues with as an example?

Happy to help anyway I can!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for your fast help, and confirmation, great!

If I should have an issue with some specific card text I'll be happy to address you!

You didn't mention same cards at same location - but think that's possible, judging by the ability explanation under "Common Terms", last page, "found" only now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Meyer
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh sorry!

As far as I know the same card can be deployed to the same location, or multiple locations, as many times as you want it to. The catch is that some are "Character" type cards, which can only be present in play at only one location. So you couldn't have "Gallant" deployed to two different locations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha, thank you once again for your fast reply! And now as you say it, I find it in the "Common Terms" section ... guess I should read THAT thoroughly as well, containing some "hidden" clues

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Meyer
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lucyfer wrote:
Aha, thank you once again for your fast reply! And now as you say it, I find it in the "Common Terms" section ... guess I should read THAT thoroughly as well, containing some "hidden" clues

Haha, well the rules aren't exactly the clearest! Glad I could help =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BreakingPoint0 wrote:
lucyfer wrote:

Haha, well the rules aren't exactly the clearest! Glad I could help =)

I couldn't have said it better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Meyer
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is another resource to check out with some rules clarifications if you have questions:

http://files.privateerpress.com/highcommand/WM%20High%20Comm...

It's the official errata document. It actually answers your questions about the Warcaster health =) I forgot about it before, otherwise I would have linked it!

Edit : I wanted to add, one part that is very helpful is the "Simultaneous Effects" part. When this first came up it was weird to work through. This spells it out and helps resolve the confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Köther
Germany
Bochum
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much, dear Christopher, and once again you are a big help! Thus all my questions concerning HC are answered now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.