Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerald
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1. Geokinesis's attack reads as follows: "Attack: Put an Ongoing card the foe controls into their discard pile." From my understanding of the wording, it's the attacking player that chooses the card, not the attacked foe. Am I correct?

2. Does the Zoo Keeper count as an Ongoing card AND a Defense card or just an Ongoing card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. That's the way we've been playing it. Otherwise it would says "Target foe discards an ongoing card they control."

2. I would say both, since he has "Defense" and "Ongoing" in bold in his text box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Zoo keeper can only be used to defend while it's in play.

The card says, "you may discard this card from "play" to avoid an attack. "
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
mrlebarican wrote:
Zoo keeper can only be used to defend while it's in play.

The card says, "you may discard this card from "play" to avoid an attack. "

But it is still considered a defense, though not playable, where ever it is. Cards like Crisis Booster Gold still see it as a defense card even if the defense text only situational... same situation for Force Field and Mogo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think his question was more directed to other cards that target defense cards. Cards that say "Get a defense card from your discard pile", would still be able to grab Zoo Keeper.

However, you're correct, the defense power cannot be triggered if Zoo Keeper is in your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Stryyder wrote:
I think his question was more directed to other cards that target defense cards. Cards that say "Get a defense card from your discard pile", would still be able to grab Zoo Keeper.

However, you're correct, the defense power cannot be triggered if Zoo Keeper is in your hand.

Yes, your situation was what I really wanted to bring into question. Thank you for providing further clarification that I should have in the original post.

Thank you all for your responses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.