GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,912 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Artifacts, Inc.» Forums » Rules

Subject: Running out of resources? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
It hasn't happened yet, but during one or two plays, a player has gotten dangerously close to using all of his cubes. What happens in that situation? Is he still able to generate resources or is he forced to sell first?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can still generate. Just use somethig else to replace it. I bought a set of 10extra cubes per color through meeplesource, just to be ready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SapoLJackson wrote:
I bought a set of 10extra cubes per color through meeplesource, just to be ready.

I did something similar, except that I use a generic (not of any player color) supply of markers for all Artifacts. Since the markers/cubes go on the players' Expedition cards, those markers don't actually need to be of a player's color to know who owns them or what type they are. Player-specific color cubes are now only used for the RP track and Museum sales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martidem wrote:
SapoLJackson wrote:
I bought a set of 10extra cubes per color through meeplesource, just to be ready.

I did something similar, except that I use a generic (not of any player color) supply of markers for all Artifacts. Since the markers/cubes go on the players' Expedition cards, those markers don't actually need to be of a player's color to know who owns them or what type they are. Player-specific color cubes are now only used for the RP track and Museum sales.

That's very true, good point. I saw some cool ones through Amazon and almost got them. But I was concerned that they'd take up too much space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SapoLJackson wrote:
martidem wrote:
SapoLJackson wrote:

That's very true, good point. I saw some cool ones through Amazon and almost got them. But I was concerned that they'd take up too much space.

Not sure what you're seeing on Amazon, but there are some gamers adding unique Artifact components that appear to have some size. Check this out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Doughty
United States
California
flag msg tools
OVERTEXT HERE
badge
Funded by supporters like you!
mb
numbnick wrote:
It hasn't happened yet, but during one or two plays, a player has gotten dangerously close to using all of his cubes. What happens in that situation? Is he still able to generate resources or is he forced to sell first?

Yes. Artifacts and dollars are not component limited. Just find something to use as additional temporary components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Hope
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any reason that the correct amount of dice and cubes weren't put in the box, other than cost cutting measures? We just played and it's pretty lame that one of us had 8 dice on his cards but only 7 actual dice in the box, and I ran out of cubes half way through the game. Pretty poor to be honest. It would cost peanuts to add this to the game shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.