Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that the palisade as different kind of arrows then other cards. It as some sort of doted fading underneath it. Does it men anything? A few other units have theses arrow and I see nowhere that explain what they mean. Also the arrow downward on the palisade as no number on it. What is the value of attack in that case?

Thank you for your help and time on this matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Dexter
United Kingdom
APO
AE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Attack Arrow variation: Attack & Move.

What this symbolizes is that this card, once played, can:

If the player chooses to and the card is unengaged, the Unit may move into an unoccupied space as indicated by its Attack & Move Arrows.

These cards cannot move more than one space per turn. If their Attack & Move Arrows do not point backwards then they cannot retreat. Players do not have to move their cards if they do not want to.

Hope that helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it did help. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Green
United Kingdom
Luton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right and the card that moves can be moved before or after you play your card for your turn. Of course it can only do this if not engaged at the start of the turn. Moving units can be really useful and only introduced in the undead vs Templars pack but have now been added with the monsters and magic packs coming out for each set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Yazz
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just found that paragraph in my rule booklet. I must of read the ones from my other bases sets I got at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning D.
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shvide99 wrote:

If their Attack & Move Arrows do not point backwards then they cannot retreat.

I guess with "retreat" you mean moving South from the unit's owner's point of view or side of the table. It should not be confused with "recall" which means that the player takes the unit from board back to his hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning D.
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
morrinuk wrote:
That's right and the card that moves can be moved before or after you play your card for your turn.

On what rule do you base this statement?

Yes, there is this rule [M&M Exp][1], chapter 4 `Moving Units`:
A moving Unit can be moved at any time during the controlling player's turn (...)

But in [Core rules][2], chapter 3, `The battle is ready to begin...`:
Each player, starting with Player 1, now takes it in turns to follow the 3 phase turn sequence:
Phase 1 - Deployment: Play a unit from your hand onto the battlefield according to the "Engagement Rule" & its exceptions.
Phase 2 - Elimination: Determine whether any unit has been eliminated by combat or ranged attack or a combination of both.
Phase 3 - Reinforcement: Increase the number of cards in hand back up to six.

So the turn starts with the deployment.

This issue really makes a difference because it decides whether you are allowed to move a unit in order to free a field where you then deploy your unit from your hand.

[1]: http://lords-of-war.com/media/LoW_Rules_-_OvD2_Magic_and_Mon...
"LoW_Rules_-_OvD2_Magic_and_Monsters_Expansion.pdf"

[2]: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/92316/lords-war-rules
"Lords of War Fantasy Battles Rules.pdf"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.