Fire in the East» Forums » Rules

Subject: OOB * Symbol Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Fitz-Patrick
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
I have Fire in the East (among others) and have noticed in the OOB several units that have an * after their description (example: 1x3-6X* among others). I have looked thru the rules and unit ID charts and can't find what the * means. Any explanation of this symbol would be much appreciated.
Ed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, I used to know this. It's been too long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Popper
United States
Topanga
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Digging back into the misty recesses of memory, I believe that the "*" represents the dot that appears on some counters. And I believe that the dot indicates some capability relative to armor/anti-tank interactions. Then again, now that I think of it, the dot might appear on those sub-divisional units which have heavy equipment and thus require more lift for transport. Yes, I think that is it. Maybe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
I know a dot on the counter means Heavy Equipment (no para dropping, for one thing), but I didn't remember if that aligned with the asterisk in the OOB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Fitz-Patrick
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Steven,
First thanks for the reply, I think you are probably correct that the * is the same as the dot on counters, the support indicator for non-divisional elements. Second you posted on the "Their Finest Hour" forum back in 2014 that you had the rules for the game and were willing to make a copy, is that still the case? I obtained the Supermarina module and it was based on the naval rules for "Their Finest Hour". I would like to compare them and would need a copy of any rule sections that relate to the naval phase (movement, combat, submarines, etc.), the naval OOB, and any ship logs and naval combat charts. Let me know if you can help on this.
Thanks,
Ed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Fitz-Patrick
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Darrell,
Thanks for the response on this question.
Ed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.