Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Bedard
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first game last night. It left me with a couple of questions.

If you locate a target in Germany but fail your Bombs Away roll, is this treated as a failed mission?

Or do you treat it as a success, the same way jettisoning the load anywhere over Germany (not occupied Europe) is considered a success, and the crew is awarded 1 CQP as if bombing a green triangle space?

Next question.

Once a CQP is spent is it gone or do they reset each mission? Meaning, if you start a mission with 3 QCPs, spend all three, yet still fail the mission, will you start your next mission with 3 CQPS or none?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Boucher
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RawDealDemo wrote:
Played my first game last night. It left me with a couple of questions.

If you locate a target in Germany but fail your Bombs Away roll, is this treated as a failed mission?

No.

Quote:
Or do you treat it as a success, the same way jettisoning the load anywhere over Germany (not occupied Europe) is considered a success, and the crew is awarded 1 CQP as if bombing a green triangle space?

Yes.

Quote:
Next question.

Once a CQP is spent is it gone or do they reset each mission? Meaning, if you start a mission with 3 QCPs, spend all three, yet still fail the mission, will you start your next mission with 3 CQPS or none?

Actually you can stock up to 5 CQP. And depending on the mission, you don't need to use them all. Again, this is one of those things that didn't get clarified due to lack of space. If a CQP is NOT used during a mission, it goes back into the pool (as a number, not a specific assignment).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Boucher
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alsandor wrote:
[q="RawDealDemo"]
Quote:

Yes.

My apologies. I was a bit hasty and forgot to say that it only counts if you drop your bombs. This is not a gamey solution. Bomber Command did send crews to drop bombs over preferably non-strategic cities at first as a demoralizing action, and once the strategic targets were assigned in January 1943, it was an alternate action should the target not be reached.

In other words, if you bombed Germany, you were good in their books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.