Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Mikols
United States
Avondale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After gandering at my copy of Lancaster from my bar whilst it rests on my shelve in my fully loaded board game slash watching hockey on a grand total of 170 inches of tvs 'man cave' I start to ponder the cover art....

This is just the opinion of a medieval / hundred years war / wars of the roses buff, and you may quite possibly be reading the most pointless post in the history of BGG. Since I hardly voice myself I think I'm allowed a bad post or two I hope. Anyways back to my thoughts, that gentlemen on the cover is not Henry V. That is a striking image of Henry Bolingbrook (Henry IV) father of Henry V.

This game takes place just after the death of Henry 4 so maybe this is an image of the usurper Henry on his way to fight off one of the many rebellions against the early Lancaster rule.

Now I'm thinking the guy two horses back could be a young prince and future Henry V? He strikes me as important since he's featured solo on all four sides of the game shell?
Or maybe he's the intimidating character just one horse back? Maybe that confident soldier is the greatest warrior king England has ever seen? And that's coming out of a york sympathizers mouth.

Or maybe I'm just all wrong all together lol. Anyways, awesome game, fun, deep, and live the theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cover art thoughts
Not as well researched as Olivier's Henry V in 1944, showing state-of-the-art neck protection for the privileged.

If you think that's an issue then consider one of Avalon Hill's efforts for Kingmaker:

Clearly they recycled a picture intended for Brittania, as the armour is at least 600 years out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mikols
United States
Avondale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The true mark of a king..... The bowl hair cut!

Speaking of kingmaking, i wanna say Bosworth is coming up august 22nd if memory serves. Kinda wanna throw a get together.... but I'm sure my friends would be like 'wait, we are celebrating what now?'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neville's End
I live in Barnet myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mikols
United States
Avondale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Barnet. The place where the kingmaker met his end and a little fog helped win the day. It's gotta be cool living where there's so much history, standing where Kings have stood 500 years ago.

Not nearly as much history where I'm from. An 80 year old building is a big deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Cramer
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The guy on the cover is a knight with his two squires.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mercer
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That Kingmaker cover is annoying. It's not as bad as the slave extras wearing wristwatches in Spartacus, but it's up there... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.