GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,522 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Exelor
msg tools
mbmb
I've never used sleeves before but it seems I might have to now. I need sleeves for all mage knight cards, can someone recommend what kind to by to best fit base game and tesla?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hunt
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There is a list of sleeves that work for the game on the main page

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hazard
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a big fan of Fantasy Flight's sleeves. Standard card size, I think the blue packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
I didn't notice any real size difference between this expansion's cards and the base game/LL cards. They fit in the 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 Mayday sleeves I've been using all along with MK. Mine fit perfectly. The challenge for me was trying to slide these flimsy cards into the sleeves and was on the verge of creasing each time.

But size wise I see no issues. Did yours turn out different from the others?

The only two card problems with this expansion that I know of involve the card stock thickness (mine are way too thin) and a slightly lighter print on the card back (a non issue for me as I can hardly notice).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hazard
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The sleeves I use are a tad big, so the new cards, whole thin, slid right in with no issues. I'm posting a crappy video to show my experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Wolfe
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Information on card sleeves forums for main game is the following:

Arcane Tinmen Sleeve Size: Standard (AT-10406) 63 x 88 mm
Fantasy Flight Sleeve Size: Standard Card Game (FFS05) 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" (63.5 x 88 MM)
Mayday Sleeve Size: Card Game 63.5 x 88 mm
Swan Panasia Sleeve Size: SWN-032 (Std Card) 65 x 90 mm
Ultra Pro Sleeve Size: Standard Size 66 x 91 mm
Standard Card size

I myself use fantasy flight card sleeves (the grey pack) they are by far my favorite card sleeves of any company

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exelor
msg tools
mbmb
Thank you everyone. From what I read I'll go with FF sleeves as noone seems to have had problems with those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always believed that if you want to keep a game for a long period of time, then you need to sleeve your cards. Accidents happen. Drinks/Food get spilled all the time and unless you are not allowing any drink/food within 5' of your game, then you really should expect that, given enough plays, something will eventually get spilled on your game. There's also the fact that not everyone realizes that chips and pizza and other foods (even popcorn) tend to leave residue on fingers. All it takes is one greasy card to get shuffled in and suddenly your entire stack is sliding off the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Guibord
Canada
Vaudreuil-dorion
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved all my mage Knight cards with Fantasy flight Games Standard card (silver pack).

They are very high quality and tick. on the touch, you don't notice the difference unless you start bending the cards a little. This is where you will notice the thikness difference as the card from the original game don't bend as easily.

Just played a game with Braevlar and in the action, I wasn't noticing the tickness difference but obviously, if you really pay attention, I could notice if I was drafting a card from his deck or from the action cards I had bought earlier but barely. with the sleeves, I'd consider this almost a none issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use dragon shields.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.