Subject: It is quite a culture shock rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: RSP'd [+] [View All]
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Moving between reddit and BGG.

Reddit is RSP on steroids. Beware those who filter by "all".

All posts on reddit are automatically upvoted. If you see a thread or comment with zero upvotes, it means someone took the time and effort to downvote.

On the Geek, there is lots and lots of content with no thumbs.

On reddit, upvoting (and downvoting) is anonymous.

On the Geek you can see who thumbed you, you can see their entire thumbing history, and you can see the order in which users thumbed the content.

Getting reddit gold is much rarer than getting geekgold.

Geekgold is far more versatile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought reddit was gone after the whole 'reddit in flames' thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Stewart
Scotland
ELGIN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
this may be a sily question but what is RSP?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BeardsandBoardgames wrote:

It stands for "Revoke Scottish Personhood," a BGG subforum devoted to the elimination of Scotland as a political entity, and even--among the most extreme posters--individuals identifying as Scottish.

I don't recommend it. As you might imagine, it's clogged with nearly unreadable garbage, as the forum is populated only by freaks, deviants, and miscreants; I would estimate that at least half of them are in fact Scots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
RSP on steroids?

I think I know what you mean, and I think you misrepresent.

BGG is moderated to keep offensive and controversial topics off the front of the site, those topics are moved to either RSP or complaints.

Reddit has almost no filters.

And while RSP claims to be unmoderated, my guess is the kind of material one can find on reddit would not last on RSP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:

It stands for "Revoke Scottish Personhood," a BGG subforum devoted to the elimination of Scotland as a political entity, and even--among the most extreme posters--individuals identifying as Scottish.

I don't recommend it. As you might imagine, it's clogged with nearly unreadable garbage, as the forum is populated only by freaks, deviants, and miscreants; I would estimate that at least half of them are in fact Scots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:

This is not, however, true.

It stands for Religion, Sex and Politics.

https://videogamegeek.com/forum/796536/video-game/religion-s...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
frumpish wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
RSP on steroids?

I think I know what you mean, and I think you misrepresent.

BGG is moderated to keep offensive and controversial topics off the front of the site, those topics are moved to either RSP or complaints.

Reddit has almost no filters.

And while RSP claims to be unmoderated, my guess is the kind of material one can find on reddit would not last on RSP.

Yup - there have been permanent bannings from the forum, for blatant bigotry. The first was, well, if not a Nazi then someone with a disturbing fixation with Nazism, holocaust denial, and Jews. All of which is perfectly cool on Reddit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Stewart
Scotland
ELGIN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:

Its the best thing about Scotland
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Stewart
Scotland
ELGIN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow thats offensive.

Thanks........I guess, after voting NO in our refferendum, thats pretty much what we did Revoke the Scottish person hood

also thanks to the person that told me what it was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any answer that you get from Kuhrusty has a 215% chance of not being what you wanted to hear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
And so it begins...
mb
Quote:
real trolls are in the Feld game forum

Thanks for my daily laugh. You too, Kuhrusty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks to the person that told me what it was.

manukajoe wrote:

That's the VGG RSP. Much quieter than the BGG equivalent. Enter at your own risk:

https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/14/boardgamegeek/religion-se...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to Reddit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
What worse is the filtered bull shit of /r/boardgames...What a waste of a subreddit that turned out to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its the best thing about Scotland

Not the best.

Samuel Johnson wrote:
"The noblest prospect which a Scotchman ever sees, is the high road that leads him to England!"
Boswell: Life
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
manukajoe wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:

This is not, however, true.

It stands for Religion, Sex and Politics.

Hard to find fault with the freaks, deviants, and miscreants characterization, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow thats offensive.

Thanks........I guess, after voting NO in our refferendum, thats pretty much what we did Revoke the Scottish person hood

also thanks to the person that told me what it was.
That was just the entry test for RSP... if you were offended then you probably don't have the stuff to survive what you'll find inside there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:

Well, no true Scotsmen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
mbmbmbmbmb
col_w wrote:
thanks to the person that told me what it was.

manukajoe wrote:

That's the VGG RSP. Much quieter than the BGG equivalent. Enter at your own risk:

https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/14/boardgamegeek/religion-se...

Oh yeah I don't go to BGG much any more. Much nicer at VGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Revoke Simon Personhood
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.