GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,937 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
72 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Canadian Math Trade - Summer 2015 Edition - Discussion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Time for the next Canadian math trade. Dust off all your games just sitting there collecting dust since the last math trade and see what you might get in return.

Please make sure to read through all the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times. You MUST have a Canadian mailing address to participate in this Math Trade.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Trade Geeklist: Canadian Math Trade - Summer 2015 Edition

Request GeekList: Canadian Math Trade - Summer 2015 Edition - Requests

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Wednesday August 5th 10:00 PM EDT to Friday August 14th 10:00 AM EDT

Want List Submissions: Friday Aug 14th 11:00 AM EDT to Sunday August 16th 11:00 PM EDT

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Board Games, RPG's, Video Games and items outside the scope of BGG are all permitted.

2. There is a limit of one (1) Gift Certificate and one (1) Geek Gold entry per person. Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

3. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. Shipping - You shall be required to cover full shipping to any location within Canada.

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweeteners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection) SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=1000

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Friday, August 14th, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Sunday, August 16th, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Math Trade Results:

Results (OLWLG) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Results (TXT) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/194820-results-official.tx...

Wants = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/194820-officialwants.txt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved #2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are now live in the OLWLG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Goddard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
has added some games in the trade. Can someone confirm he has a Canadian address to reciprocate if a trade is made? Not sure if he realized this was Canada only...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like how your Evil Monkey avatar seems to be pointing to Markus' in your post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
New Westminster
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question, I am going to be away until Sept 5th and will be unable to ship items until after that date. Is it acceptable to add this note to any items I put in the trade and continue as normal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Weirich
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I was thinking about joining this Math Trade, but had a few questions regarding shipping (I have been involved in a few local math trades, but I have never shipped a game before).

- How much does it cost to ship? I punched in numbers (Canada Post) to ship from Vancouver to Toronto for a box the size of Ticket to Ride and it said about $17.- is that accurate?

- How do you normally package the box?

Any other tips/suggestions regarding shipping?

Thanks!
Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob B
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HotsauceWally wrote:
Hi

I was thinking about joining this Math Trade, but had a few questions regarding shipping (I have been involved in a few local math trades, but I have never shipped a game before).

- How much does it cost to ship? I punched in numbers (Canada Post) to ship from Vancouver to Toronto for a box the size of Ticket to Ride and it said about $17.- is that accurate?

Thanks!
Paul

Shipping is pretty expensive in Canada, sadly. Canada post is not great (cost-wise). Things like fedex or ups or whatever aren't really any better.

Normally I like to put my games in a box, then put some packaging peanuts in with it. If the game is small though, I might just buy one of those bubble lined packaging letters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Prince Poutine Lord High Thrifter
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
mbmbmb
mserf42 wrote:
Quick question, I am going to be away until Sept 5th and will be unable to ship items until after that date. Is it acceptable to add this note to any items I put in the trade and continue as normal?

The decision is Ox's, of course, but I think it's fine as long as it is clear to everyone participating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HotsauceWally wrote:

Yeah, that's about what I count on for shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Riseborough
Canada
Leduc
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HotsauceWally wrote:
Hi

Thanks!
Paul

Pack your game up in a box with packing material around the game to protect it during shipping.

To keep shipping costs down a bit, don't use shipping boxes that are massively larger than the game. Shipping is based on box size and volume more than weight.

Cliff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Weirich
Canada
Abbotsford
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone! good information to know

Now to decide whether it is worth it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Goddard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HotsauceWally wrote:
Thanks everyone! good information to know

Now to decide whether it is worth it

Tell you what, you let me know the gems you have and I'll let you know if its worth it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mserf42 wrote:

Yes that's fine to do so. Just make that totally clear in your game entries so no one is bitching and complaining after the trade has ended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mgoddard wrote:
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
has added some games in the trade. Can someone confirm he has a Canadian address to reciprocate if a trade is made? Not sure if he realized this was Canada only...

Yes, Markus has a Canadian address to ship to, so it's totally ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Demski
Canada
Stony Mountain
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question: I'm new to math trades, but am interested in participating in this one. Is it okay to include actual photos of our games within the post? I notice that no one does this, but personally, I'd want someone to know exactly what they were getting. Is this not customary in math trades?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy D
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
JurassicMatt wrote:
Quick question: I'm new to math trades, but am interested in participating in this one. Is it okay to include actual photos of our games within the post? I notice that no one does this, but personally, I'd want someone to know exactly what they were getting. Is this not customary in math trades?

I don't believe it is ideal for everyone to take a picture of all the games they are trading and post it on every entry. I think if you are interested in a particular item you can ask the trader to send you a picture and they can message you about it or e-mail you.

To answer your question it hasn't been customary on any of the math trades I have participated in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe just put links to pictures if you have any. It hasn't been customary, but I wouldn't think it would hurt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Lemonde
Canada
St-Hyacinthe
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
http://www.dragonsnocturnes.org/
mbmbmbmbmb
CANNOT ADD MY GAMES
Try to add my games as usual and always received this warning:
Invalid action

Anyone idea ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Verglas wrote:
Try to add my games as usual and always received this warning:
Invalid action

Anyone idea ?

Are you doing it here, or via the OLWLG? At what point do you get the message? (i.e. what did you click that gave the message?) I added mine via the OLWLG as usual, no problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Lemonde
Canada
St-Hyacinthe
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try it by the OLWLG:
I was able to resynch my collection and see all my games but when I press "add this to geeklist" for any of them I received the error message "invalid action".

So I enter my game one by one with the "add item" button of the geeklist and copy my info one by one from the OLWLG.

Thanks to all but don't bother with this anymore,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Lemonde
Canada
St-Hyacinthe
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How can I delete a "duplicate protection" created by error ?

Ex: I put together the same game but one with a lot of extension and the other not.

Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verglas wrote:
How can I delete a "duplicate protection" created by error ?

Ex: I put together the same game but one with a lot of extension and the other not.

Thanks,

You don't need to use it. If you just uncheck the created entry (and treat the original game entries differently) you'll be fine regardless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe P
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i noticed someone deleted an item entry
item #4058807 is showing up blank in my OLWLG want list

how badly does this affect the trade software at this point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.