Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought first edition pretty cheaply, with the plan to try it with my co-workers. If it's something people like, i would invest more into it by getting upgrade pack or buy revised edition, and if it's a dud, i'll save the money.

Then I started reading comments like Paul's, and wondering if I am dooming the game by introducing it without the upgrade.

* Is using 1st ed w/o upgrade viable?
* How important is it to replace the cards?
* How important is it to use revised rules - the only rules video is for revised edition, and the revised rulebook is reportedly much better and clears up a lot of errors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive played it twice with revised rules and the 1st ed game and it went well both times. One thing that makes the game a lot smoother... ditch the cylinders. Go get some 36 packs of chessex red blue and green dice and use them to keep track of resources on planets and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
therealtheshader wrote:
Ive played it twice with revised rules and the 1st ed game and it went well both times. One thing that makes the game a lot smoother... ditch the cylinders. Go get some 36 packs of chessex red blue and green dice and use them to keep track of resources on planets and such.

interesting, thanks for your response. Not sure i'll be able to get the dice in time, but it is reassuring that it should be ok with the 1st ed. Too bad i can't have everyone watch a video though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Think the biggest thing is using the revised rules so you're not rolling dice for everything. There's even a revision to the revised rules in the latest expansion on Weapons of Mass Destruction and how movement works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.