GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,778 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Quick thoughts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Cloutier
Canada
saint-georges
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A Game of Thrones : The Card Game is a collectable card game in the family of the Living Card Game (LCG). Much like MTG, if you want to be competitive, you need to buy packs of cards every now and then to build your playing deck. I’m not a fan of these types of money burner games but had to try the core set of this one. Why? well… because it’s A Game of Thrones card game of course! Two things I love.

In this game, you got to choose and play one of the houses in the Game of Thrones universe and crush the other houses by wining different challenges like military, intrigue and power. Playing wisely your character cards and giving them advantages with attachments or location cards will make you win the challenges and let you either kill off some of your opponent characters, make your enemy discard cards or gain some power tokens.

You and your opponent play rounds in turn order in which you go thru 7 actions that will make you amongst other things collect resources (money), put new characters and locations on the table by paying their cost and challenge the enemy house.

You win by being the first to gain 15 power tokens. Then you get to behead your opponent while you make their family watch!

That’s what a true Lannister would do. Ho man I love this dysfunctional family!

So naturally, I’ve played the Lannisters most of my games and won them all like a true king worthy of the throne!

I like the game a lot. You would know by now that I like card games and especially the ones with great theme. This game is all of that and I only got to scratch the surface with the core set. There’s thousand more cards out there in form of LCG expansions. Will I get them all?….. No! Like I said earlier, those games are money burner. I rather buy new games than all bunch of the same. There is enough gaming for me and my wife in the main box.

My appreciation : 8.5/10

My wife’s : 8/10

end quote : “You are a lion. You mustn’t be afraid for one day all the beasts will bow to you. You will be king!”

Ticlou

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.