Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M King
United States
Wilder
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious as to the relationship between this game and the excellent Tattered Flags system. Visually they seem similar, with the main difference being the addition of hexes, and they seem to have a similar scale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HERMANN LUTTMANN
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kind words about Tattered Flags! Wait until you see what we did with the game now that Consim Press has taken it over. It's actually easier to play but has more "stuff". We're very excited about it.

As far as similarities, HS is at 150 yards per hex and TF is 50 yards per inch. TF is a bit more tacical in nature and is built on a hex-less, miniatures style system. Also, TF focuses just on the Wheatfield battle while HS cover Longstreet's entire attack.

An interesting connection between the games is that HS was born from the problem I had getting TF to cover the entire attack. When TF came out years ago, gamers were asking us when we were going to get to the Peach Orchard, Devil's Den, etc. I knew it would be many years and the game would be too larger to handle all that area, so I designed HS to cover all those battles in one design.

Thanks!

Hermann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.