David Brennan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Will flying Frog release a new bounty board which includes all the monsters in the game?

Has anyone created a new bounty board with all the monsters?

Thanks,
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe in the Expanded Town perhaps?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brennan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
That's what I was thinking too? But when will we get that? I hoping for a updated bounty board so we can get some bounty for the new monsters.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure an open-ended bounty system could be constructed. Draw from one of the threat decks (maybe roll to determine which one) and either randomize the bounty value or derive it based on the XP awarded for defeating the monster.

If it's not in the expanded town, this is what I'm going to implement once the monster pool gets diverse.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking that not every town would have a demand for all the same monsters, so thematically it still makes sense - maybe those in the smaller towns haven't even heard of the more obscure beasties yet, so you'd have to go to a larger town for those bounties.

Looking forward to the Expanded Town.

AND towns for the future for that matter - it's the game-within-the-game and has a LOT of room for further development.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Murphy
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Fore!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping FFP goes with printing the bounties on cards. Then there won't ever be an issue of out of date town boards.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jomurph86 wrote:
I'm hoping FFP goes with printing the bounties on cards. Then there won't ever be an issue of out of date town boards.


here here
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Regardless of how they are handled, bounties will become less and less relevant as more enemies are released. The odds of seeing any specific enemy will decrease as the Threat decks grow larger. It may become a poor use of a town turn to pick up a bounty.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
Regardless of how they are handled, bounties will become less and less relevant as more enemies are released. The odds of seeing any specific enemy will decrease as the Threat decks grow larger. It may become a poor use of a town turn to pick up a bounty.


good point, unless you can grab multiple bounties... that would increase your chances
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
Regardless of how they are handled, bounties will become less and less relevant as more enemies are released. The odds of seeing any specific enemy will decrease as the Threat decks grow larger. It may become a poor use of a town turn to pick up a bounty.


It isn't like getting the bounty is the only thing you do in a visit to the Fort.

I'm not remembering a town phase where at least one of us didn't want to sell darkstone, train or buy something the Fort sells.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brennan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Dave41fan wrote:
I am sure an open-ended bounty system could be constructed. Draw from one of the threat decks (maybe roll to determine which one) and either randomize the bounty value or derive it based on the XP awarded for defeating the monster.

If it's not in the expanded town, this is what I'm going to implement once the monster pool gets diverse.



I like the drawing the card Idea. Nice
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
jomurph86 wrote:
I'm hoping FFP goes with printing the bounties on cards. Then there won't ever be an issue of out of date town boards.


here here


hear hear






 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brennan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Craig Groff:

Calm down there partner. I did acknowledge you in the other thread. I got an email was told to move it to Variants. Sorry about that.

We changed it slightly from your idea, but you get all the credit, I bow to your every word, I kiss your feet, I do other stuff too.

Thanks,
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.