Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Hamilton
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I grabbed my copy at gencon, I was given a plastic yellow coin with a pirate on it. Is there any use for it in the game? I was guessing it's an alternate Baron marker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark De Lorenzo
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jamesjacques wrote:
When I grabbed my copy at gencon, I was given a plastic yellow coin with a pirate on it. Is there any use for it in the game? I was guessing it's an alternate Baron marker?

First Player Token:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/19756821#19756821
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group has just been using it as the Baron marker, seems cooler than using the ruler!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We used the sword.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyBlue wrote:
We used the sword.

The Sword is NOT the first player marker.
Chevee Dodd taught us the game and said it is a common mistake. The sword is for the player who is in the lead and becomes the target of some missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MilkFromACow wrote:
FunkyBlue wrote:
We used the sword.

The Sword is NOT the first player marker.
Chevee Dodd taught us the game and said it is a common mistake. The sword is for the player who is in the lead and becomes the target of some missions.

After watching one of the Origins demo videos, you are entirely correct. I've not had one of those missions yet with that feature, so hadn't even occurred to me.

It make a better 1st player marker, but I'll have to find something better to use since I didn't pre-order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hürth
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
I won an Games for Geekgold Lottery with 0.09% Chance of winning. You sure you wanna mess with me?
mbmbmbmbmb
LuDoo77 wrote:
My group has just been using it as the Baron marker, seems cooler than using the ruler!

That's not about coolness. The ruler gets the ruler - thats the rule!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.