Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claire Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone - got a new player question...

Can someone explain how the end of turn commit to the Force bit works please? The three cards that you can put other cards under?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot place more than 1 Force Card under a unit.

Any Force Pips (Force Icons) are added up among any units that are committed to the Force. This is not cumulative. Do this at the end of each players turn during the Force Phase. This counting is considered a "Force Struggle".

Only READY units may be committed to the Force. That is, any Unit without any Focus Tokens on them. Any attached Enhancement Force Icons do not count.

Any time a Unit that is committed to the Force (has a Force Card beneath them) is focused to STRIKE (i.e. to attack/activate a Combat Icon) receives 2 Focus Tokens instead of 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Evans
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FaydeShift wrote:

Only READY units may be committed to the Force. That is, any Unit without any Focus Tokens on them. Any attached Enhancement Force Icons do not count.

Just a minor correction, I believe a focused unit can be committed to the force, however only ready units contribute their "pips" to the battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Devon Greatwolf wrote:
FaydeShift wrote:

Just a minor correction, I believe a focused unit can be committed to the force, however only ready units contribute their "pips" to the battle.
Correct, it's definitely possible to commit a focused unit to the force.

In fact this card is regarded as one of the most, if not the most powerful objectives in the game (even after receiving an official errata so that you can only use it once per turn):
http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/starwars/star-wars-card-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Devon Greatwolf wrote:
FaydeShift wrote:

Ah, yes. Poor word choice on my part! Meant to say counted, I guess. Thanks for the correction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.