GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,365 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

For the People» Forums » Rules

Subject: Strategic Movement Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Rees
United Kingdom
Rowlands Castle
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am probably being a bit stupid here but am a little confused about what counts as a friendly controlled spaces for strategic movement purposes (rule 10.21). Does a political control marker make the space friendly for the owning player, even if it is in a neutral alligned state or in an enemy controlled state? My presumption is that it does, but want to check I am right. Really my confusion is whether a PC marker makes a space friendly even if you don't control the state.

Also, does an enemy SP block Strategic movement through the space it is in, even if there is no corresponding PC control marker for the enemy there e.g. there is an enemy cavalry SP sitting on the rail space without a corresponsding PC marker?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, a PC marker (actual or implied) makes a space friendly controlled.

Yes, an enemy SP blocks Strategic Movement; you can't move through an enemy SP, and SM is movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rees
United Kingdom
Rowlands Castle
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Thought that was the case, but just needed to haved it confirmed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.