GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,873 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Awesome Kingdom: The Tower of Hateskull» Forums » General

Subject: Gen Con Gameplay rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan VanArsdall
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Was lucky to show up at IDW booth on Thursday when Mr. Kevin Wilson was present. He eagerly explained the rules then he, another guy and myself played a game. Very fluid gameplay and I like the way character specific abilities have a serious effect on decision making. Definitely have to plan out your 3 card placement every round. There is a good variety of character abilities and other card types are interesting with cool art as well.

One note, some character abilities may be more powerful than others. I can chalk it up to that or the fact that Mr. Wilson is obviously the expert at playing his own game, but he dominated us in the game! I believe he was using the necromancer, spelled differently. Nevertheless, it was good fun and from talking with him I could tell he put a lot of thought into the character abilities, card effects and flavor text. This is a fun light game that you could easily narrate as you play to enhance the experience.

Looking forward to the release! Oh, and he has expansion dungeons already in the works, provided the game does well in the market. So, get your copy soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.