Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James
United States
McDonough
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The playmat comes with a cube for use as a turn marker on the playmat. As there is always 48 cards in the large deck, why is a turn marker necessary?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
sjliver wrote:
The playmat comes with a cube for use as a turn marker on the playmat. As there is always 48 cards in the large deck, why is a turn marker necessary?

It's mainly just an aid to help tell exactly how many turns are remaining. It's only there if you buy the mat, so it's not necessary to the game.

(Also, there is a law card that adds 4 cards to the large deck, but that doesn't change your point since it adds an extra turn.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fire
United States
Warwick
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question until I played a game and realized I really needed to know how many more turns were left when I was within the last 4 or so. The marker is a nice "at a glance" indicator. Unless, of course, you're like me and forget to advance the marker. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Wayne LaBanca wrote:
Unless, of course, you're like me and forget to advance the marker.

That's not the worst part. The worst is forgetting whether you've forgotten to advance it. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even worse - realizing that somewhere along the way you missed the cube and will need to dig something else up to use as a marker. :-/ (Someday I'm going to order that box o' misc cubes for makeshift games and replacement parts....)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always forget to advance it at least once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.