Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have the game on its way and I like everything about the theme being an engineer. I however will have very little luck getting most people I know to play it. So I will have to make a couple of Bots for the game. I wanted to know if some of you more experienced players could give some key things or insights on what a good player or AI Bot needs to do or not do. I am thinking I can do something along the lines of Cuba Libre's AI Bot style possibly. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Knemeyer
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rockin Rocko wrote:
So I have the game on its way and I like everything about the theme being an engineer. I however will have very little luck getting most people I know to play it. So I will have to make a couple of Bots for the game. I wanted to know if some of you more experienced players could give some key things or insights on what a good player or AI Bot needs to do or not do. I am thinking I can do something along the lines of Cuba Libre's AI Bot style possibly. Thanks

I think this is a tricky problem because, depending on the number of players, the nature of the decisions are radically different. For instance, a 2 player game will either have both players on the same track of AC/DC and ignoring that aspect (or even all!) of propaganda, or on opposite tracks and going directly at each other. Whereas, a 5 player game is guaranteed to have both tracks going with multiple players on each and almost certainly some degree of propaganda manipulation. As such, my advice would be to create the bot to represent n other players with n being greater than one and then tune everything around the unique way the game will play in the case of each of those player counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rich, we'll have two AI decks for each inventor (Babbage/Lovelace, Easy/Hard) in the expansion, coming to KS later this month. I hope you give them a try!

Tesla vs. Edison: Powering Up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.