Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
27 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Rum & Bones» Forums » General

Subject: Hmm...the other CMON KS projects received an update today... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I received one for Blood Rage, B-Sieged and Black Plaque today. Still waiting on the Rum and Bones.

Jorune
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cortland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The lack of support for this game has me worried. It was at Gen Con but the only thing you saw or heard from it was about the model ship board that was made. No announcement about shipping and no real reports on game play from Gen Con is troubling.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bennett
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree! The lack of anything makes me feel like it might not be the best.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BFast20 wrote:
The lack of support for this game has me worried. It was at Gen Con but the only thing you saw or heard from it was about the model ship board that was made. No announcement about shipping and no real reports on game play from Gen Con is troubling.


I was at Gen Con and went by to see Rum & Bones. What are you wishing to know? I can tell you that I wanted to try it out however everytime I went over to demo Rum & Bones someone was playing. So while I can not say how well it played nor the flow of the game, it had to be worth playing seeing how busy the demo did.

I also asked about shipping as from my understanding only the base game of Rum & Bones was to be sold. This was not the case as they were selling add ons as well. I was most surprised by this as most backers have yet to receive their copy. Shipping has started and we should see.our Rum & Bones shortly.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Korner
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If your worried about gameplay, I got my copy 2 weeks back and have played 2 player and 4 player games and it is very fun. Have not used any Merc's yet but I think I am going to try the Hellrokkers this weekend.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan McCabe
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
An update would be nice. Since there hasn't been any, and some people have gotten theirs, I'm irrationally worried that mine was lost in shipping.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe no updates, because they're busy shipping them out? (hopefully)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hotcoffeeburns wrote:
An update would be nice. Since there hasn't been any, and some people have gotten theirs, I'm irrationally worried that mine was lost in shipping.


Or maybe they sold your stuff at Gen-Con.
devil


And...

There is a post from CMoN on the Rum & Bones Kickstarter comments section stating that they have begun shipping out of the USA hub and that they will post an update later today.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Surge1000 wrote:
hotcoffeeburns wrote:
An update would be nice. Since there hasn't been any, and some people have gotten theirs, I'm irrationally worried that mine was lost in shipping.


Or maybe they sold your stuff at Gen-Con.
devil


And...

There is a post from CMoN on the Rum & Bones Kickstarter comments section stating that they have begun shipping out of the USA hub and that they will post an update later today.


Which is odd because they actually started a couple weeks ago and stated that they would continue to do so even during Gen Con. Something about having a separate team for that. It seems that didn't exactly happen.

Jorune
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:

Which is odd because they actually started a couple weeks ago and stated that they would continue to do so even during Gen Con. Something about having a separate team for that. It seems that didn't exactly happen.

Jorune


Maybe they'll clear it all up with the update later today (assuming they follow through with that). But yes, the communication is rather sketchy right now.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The odd thing in the update is they say all copies will be shipped out by the end of August. Based on the first shipments, that means it's taking them 6-7 weeks to pack and send everything?! That seems like a huge variance in time of receipt for the backers.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
The odd thing in the update is they say all copies will be shipped out by the end of August. Based on the first shipments, that means it's taking them 6-7 weeks to pack and send everything?! That seems like a huge variance in time of receipt for the backers.


Well they are doing it themselves, so it sounds about right based on my experience with KS projects of this scope. Fulfillment companies can bang this stuff out quick because they are set up for it. I have no idea how CMON is set, but I know FFP did it themselves for Shadows of Brimstone and it took them 2 months to ship wave 1 to U.S. backers.

Jorune
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keusch
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
badge
It's hard to remember we're alive for the first time. It's hard to remember we're alive for the last time.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
it was definitely being played at gencon. I hadn't heard of the game before hand somehow, and I was tempted to trade for or buy one there. The demo table was constantly packed too. The 3d ship was sweet but it wasn't actually being played. And AFAIK their stock at gencon was completely distinct logistically from all of the KS stock.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny G
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have backed many game projects including many from CMON.

cool mini or not is not the best company post kick starter. They do give regular updates regarding production when they get the news. I feel they get as excited as we would when a production proof comes in.

Regarding shipping they are nearly the worst company. I know that they are dealing with real large numbers and there is not much they can say other than "they are going out" but what I find troubling is how often I do not get tracking numbers with the orders. I am getting more concerned recently because my packages have been getting stolen lately and I want the tracking to redirect to a fedex location.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rankin
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't get a shipping notification, but my game arrived in Knoxville, TN today.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook B
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No shipping notification for me either but I received mine in south Florida today.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool deal. Congrats to you guys who have received your copies. Hope to see some reviews soon.

I expect to receive mine tomorrow.
Or a month from now.
Or somewhere in between.

soblue
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gawbo005 wrote:
I am getting more concerned recently because my packages have been getting stolen lately and I want the tracking to redirect to a fedex location.

You can set this service up through FedEx in advance of the package being sent. Go to fedex.com and set up an account and mess with Delivery Manager settings. Their process is pretty annoying, honestly, but it can be done.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Ang
Malaysia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I'm in Malaysia and I know one other guy here too who's gotten it. At the Captain's level with the expansions, the box is HUGE, largest ever KS shipment I've seen. I wasn't expecting the expansions to be big boxes as well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received an update that the game was shipping this month. So, September?? Maybe sooner.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems as if the order of shipments is completely random. Nice that people in Oceania are getting their stuff at similar times to North America.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Ruiz
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
got my stuff yesterday in Texas.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cereal wrote:
got my stuff yesterday in Texas.


Did it arrive via Fed-Ex? I live not far from you and haven't gotten mine yet. I also signed up for Fed-Ex delivery manager and do not have a Fed-Ex package from CMoN headed my way (one from CoolStuff due soon though).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Lobato
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sergio : Mine is arriving today via Fedex. I'm in Texas. I'm signed on fedex delivery manager and was able to follow the package. So yours is probably not shipped yet..but it will come. !
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Ruiz
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Surge1000 wrote:
cereal wrote:
got my stuff yesterday in Texas.


Did it arrive via Fed-Ex? I live not far from you and haven't gotten mine yet. I also signed up for Fed-Ex delivery manager and do not have a Fed-Ex package from CMoN headed my way (one from CoolStuff due soon though).

arrived fedex. got the e-mail w/tracking info today laugh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.