Ian Summerfield
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
A preview for Bonds of the Wild has been posted.

Check it out here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/8/6/the-wild...

Vyrah seems unchanged for the most part, but the Hellhounds have had some serious buffs and retooling done to them. They can be quite deadly now, even without the minions having Fire Breath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's actually the release announcement. You can pick up this H&M box today at your FLGS.

If you want to see the preview they posted last month: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/7/16/into-th...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Morehouse
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Interesting change to Skye's ability. I think I prefer the old version.

And Vyrah's heroic feat got a big nerf. I found it was very hard for Skye to keep up with the heroes over large maps. Not being able to perform the attack within LOS means that there will be times when you can't do it at all...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soldier wrote:
Interesting change to Skye's ability. I think I prefer the old version.

And Vyrah's heroic feat got a big nerf. I found it was very hard for Skye to keep up with the heroes over large maps. Not being able to perform the attack within LOS means that there will be times when you can't do it at all...
Sure, Skye can no longer attack within LOS. However, Skye has a speed of 5 still, and can move very far on Vyrah's turn, including before Vyrah activates- so as long as Skye is within 5 of where you want to hit, you're set. Also, Skye now has the potential to attack people NOT in your line of sight, which is a new ability. That's useful, too, since he ignores figures and terrain while moving. He could fly over some obstacles to Splig who is hiding behind a couple shadow dragons and hit him with blue, red, yellow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Morehouse
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Skye can only move 5 spaces though. Familiars only get one move action. In larger maps I found that he gets left behind quite often if not being used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure- but as long as he is being used he can be placed on the map at the start of Vyrah's turn, immediately move 5 spaces, and then on Vyrah's action activate. I think the ability to attack out of line of sight/through blockades is worth the reduced range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.