Mark Wilson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was given LNoE, Timber Peak, and Growing Hunger expansion.

Do the Timber Peak rules replace the rules in the original? Meaning have they been updated in Timber Peak? Which do I always refer to? Are there things in both sets of rules that need to be learned?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb
Play LNOE only with the base game rules and once you got the handle of those move on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Cockrell
United States
Sault Ste. Marie
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
markwilsonsd wrote:
I was given LNoE, Timber Peak, and Growing Hunger expansion.

Do the Timber Peak rules replace the rules in the original? Meaning have they been updated in Timber Peak? Which do I always refer to? Are there things in both sets of rules that need to be learned?

Thanks!

Where do you go when this happens?
How do I get there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't Timber Peak have a hero level-up mechanic?

Basically you shouldn't mix Timber Peak with the other two games. Growing Hunger works fine with Last Night on Earth, but as always, play the base game first before you add in Growing Hunger. Hero Packs 1 & 2 were also pretty nice for LNOE if you're looking to add more to your existing game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use these in various combinations.

Yes the rules from Timber Peak replace those in LNOE, but the differences are minor.

If you are a beginner you can start with LNOE or TP. When you have the game down you can add Growing Hunger or throw all three into the mix for a very varied game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
I agree with Mattias. Read the rule books for both TP and LNoE and decide which you want to start with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emerson Lowry
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
Timber peak rules replace LNoE rules. There's only a couple things places they disagree.

Rolling to spawn Zombies: we don't roll to see whether you spawn anymore, you always get 1d6 zombies.

Creating Zombie Heroes if someone dies fast or you lose your last character: now every dead hero becomes a Zombie Hero, UNLESS they were killed by explosives.

You'll refer to all the books at various times, because each one comes with cards and scenarios that may require more decription.

Ultimately, you can mix them all together. That's what I usually do, but sometimes we decide to use just Timber Peak, or what-have-you. It's balanced so you can play with anything or everything though. Just make sure you don't say, play a Timber Peak scenario that requires Climbing Rope, but don't put the TP hero cards in the game.

I would start with just LNoE, for ease of learning. Just play by the LNoE rules, they're fine. Then add Growing Hunger, it's got some cool cards and the Exploration Markers are a great new mechanic.

Then finally Timber Peak, with its new spawning rules, experience points, and Fire.

This is my favorite game, have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great advice. Thank you!

[wq="EmersonLowry"]Timber peak rules replace LNoE rules. There's only a couple things places they disagree.

Rolling to spawn Zombies: we don't roll to see whether you spawn anymore, you always get 1d6 zombies.

Creating Zombie Heroes if someone dies fast or you lose your last character: now every dead hero becomes a Zombie Hero, UNLESS they were killed by explosives.

You'll refer to all the books at various times, because each one comes with cards and scenarios that may require more decription.

Ultimately, you can mix them all together. That's what I usually do, but sometimes we decide to use just Timber Peak, or what-have-you. It's balanced so you can play with anything or everything though. Just make sure you don't say, play a Timber Peak scenario that requires Climbing Rope, but don't put the TP hero cards in the game.

I would start with just LNoE, for ease of learning. Just play by the LNoE rules, they're fine. Then add Growing Hunger, it's got some cool cards and the Exploration Markers are a great new mechanic.

Then finally Timber Peak, with its new spawning rules, experience points, and Fire.

This is my favorite game, have fun![/q]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.