GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,493 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Forbidden Stars» Forums » General

Subject: In case anyone was wondering - playing with kids rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Syferd
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished playing a game with my son, who is 12, and thought I'd share how it went. He was jazzed up to play after we listened to the recent Secret Cabal review on the way back from GenCon.

He played Eldar and I took Chaos. Took him two turns to grasp the mechanics. Afterwards he developed a nice strategy of using his ships to level my planets with orbital bombardments and balanced his combat deck with a nice mix of shields and guns. He ended up blocking my path to a tie on the very last move of the game.

I was quite surprised how well he took to it. He was pretty aware of what I was doing and anticipated several of my moves. He's already starting to think about the next game and discovering some of the combos in the combat deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
palver wellner
msg tools
That's great to hear! I'm currently mid-way through my 3rd game of FS with my 8 and 10 (almost 11) year old boys. They have _really_ taken to this game (yes, the presentation helps) and were especially quick to pick up the combat mechanics, including faction-specific strategies and combos. The 8-year old has had some difficulty with managing the orders, sequencing and anticipating other players' moves, but he's getting the idea - it's something they haven't seen in other games.

This is one that will definitely get a lot of playtime over the years! (Esp. with expansions being likely!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.