GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,770 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Istanbul» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two questions -- yellow mosque, family member rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
First off, thanks for the game. I like the quality of the parts! The rules seem pretty clear for the most part, but I have two questions I'd love official clarification on:

1. I saw mention in some threads that the yellow mosque can pull an assistant from ANYWHERE. This agrees with the mosque tile summary on page 7 of the rules. However, page 4 of the rules has a note that says "...you may pay 2 Lira to take an Assistant back from another Place and add him to your Merchant stack."

Why does this note specifically mention another Place (instead of "any Place") if the mosque also allows picking up an Assistant from your current Place (where you just dropped them)?

2. I saw a thread about this but did not notice an official response so I wanted to ask for posterity. If you use the bonus card to send your own family member back to prison, do you have to be on the same location, as if you're "catching" them? Or can you send them back no matter where you are? (As a side note, it's pretty harsh to send your own family to jail. )

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Gilutin
United States
Alhambra
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. They're saying the same thing. It was probably just something that happened in translation.

2. You don't have to be at the same location as your family member. The only time you can't play this card is if you're family member is already IN jail.

(These rules are all available under the FILES section of the game's BGG page)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
apecage wrote:
1. They're saying the same thing. It was probably just something that happened in translation.

2. You don't have to be at the same location as your family member. The only time you can't play this card is if you're family member is already IN jail.

(These rules are all available under the FILES section of the game's BGG page)

Thanks for the reply! I actually wrote this post while looking at the updated rules PDF from the files section, since that PDF still had the conflicting/confusing (to me) language for 1.

For 2, I just wanted an official confirmation if possible since the earlier thread didn't have one. No offense intended!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Official reply: Marc's answer is correct.

Andre Bronswijk
International Product Manager for Pegasus Spiele, Germany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thygra wrote:
Official reply: Marc's answer is correct.

Andre Bronswijk
International Product Manager for Pegasus Spiele, Germany.

Many thanks!

*edit* To clarify for future readers, I'm interpreting this as "You can even pull an assistant off your current Place."

*edit again* I found this thread, sorry for the silly question! https://boardgamegeek.com/article/16053312#16053312

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.