Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for a webstore that doesn't mind holding an order until requested. My sister goes to the US a couple of times a year, but I never know when. Usually I order from Cardhaus and have it shipped to the hotel, but I can only do this two weeks in advance. I missed out on two games I really wanted, because they sold out days before I could order. I checked with Cardhaus and they can only hold games for a month. The alternative is to combine with a preorder, but I don't want a preorder to suddenly become available and have my order shipped. I'm not talking about reserving a game, I have no problem paying in advance. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Weeks
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know CoolStuffInc.com will hold orders for folks. Most people will have them hold an order until they reach the $100 free shipping mark. They do require payment immediately but that doesn't sound like an issue for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Nazzari
United States
Floral Park
NY - New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgame Warehouse does
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob stencel

mooresville
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only problem with CoolStuffInc.com holding orders is if have a sale item in order they wont let you put any other sale items in same order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure Dave at TimeWellSpent will hold orders for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sum zero
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i know some shops, like boardgamebliss.com, will let you make your purchases, but hold them to be shipped with a later order. this allows you to get around the sold out problem.

good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick B
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
captds9e wrote:
Boardgame Warehouse does

I just placed my first order with them yesterday and thought it was pretty cool that "hold for future order" was a shipping option. Maybe I'm just unobservant, but I don't think I've ever seen the option presented so clearly before at another online store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.