Shadowrun: Crossfire – High Caliber Ops» Forums » General

Subject: Will this make it easier?.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Because after 20+ solo games i have yet to win...maybe i just suck at this game..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a brief interview I linked to in another thread, Mike Elliot said that it should make it a bit easier.

But 20 games? Dang.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cool because i was ready to write this game of...after the 20 games i gave out some petty stickers so i would at least stand a chance...havent played since...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cleland
Canada
Carlisle
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Watch rahdos strategy videos. You are missing something if you lose that much. The games is hard but you should win 2/3 of the time once you get it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Belcher
United States
Lancaster
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saucerboy wrote:
Watch rahdos strategy videos. You are missing something if you lose that much. The games is hard but you should win 2/3 of the time once you get it

I know I just have terrible, terrible luck when it comes to this game. Even with playing it the "right way" (which... Irks me), I WIN less than 1/3rd of my games. My abort numbers are much higher, but it feels more like a mostly-loss than a partial-win.

Any who, they've said this will make it "easier". Hopefully they've done it in an effective way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Belcher
United States
Lancaster
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to say, although this is obviously purely anecdotal:

I've played two games (not many, I know - just starting a new job, immediately after getting back from PAX) with the expansion included, and have generally felt like (a) I've been doing better than I usually do, and (b) I've felt much more -in control- of the game than I usually have.

I haven't had any disastrously bad card draws, but I've felt like I could actually deal with a lot more of them with some of the new Black Market cards (including a Black/Green combo card that allows you to place the current Crossfire card on the bottom of the deck, and immediately draw a new one in its place; and a Red card that allows you to immediately trade a non-basic attack from your hand with a Black Market card that costs one more than it), and the Bribe Guards upgrade (that lets you discard the first obstacle of each scene if you wish, and then draw a replacement).

EDIT: I'm up to four wins in a row here, since adding HCO. Normally I'd be willing to chalk it up to the random luck inherent in this game, but I think the dual-color cards - without even taking into consideration their abilities - really, really help things along.

EDIT2: I got up to five wins in a row, before having a crushing (but sloooooooow) defeat when, at the start of Scene 2, we wound up discarding a huge chunk of cards, and things spiraled down into "we have 5 discarded Crossfire cards, and are doomed" territory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy G
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I'm considering the purchase of HCO but then I've stumbled into this thread: do really new black market cards make S:C easier?
I love this game for its brutality, and I'm not willing to invest money to make it easy.

Could you guys please post some impressions on this matter?
thanks a bunch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.