Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't butcher me if this is stupid. I'm neither a designer nor even an experienced gamer, and thirdly I haven't thought about the concequences much (how this would work in a WP game), BUT...

I'd be terribly excited if there were different roles to choose from. I guess many of us think Moby-Dick when we hear New Bedford. All those different sailors from all over the world are intriguing to have in the game.

Furthermore the aspect of processing the whales would be interesting for any kind of expansion. (Beware, I condemn modern whaling! This suggestion is purely out of historic interest.)

Last, this is probably only out of academic interest for the current campaign, since such expansions need a lot of planning... It's just meant as inspiration.
(Very last, I (will) back it thru a group oder and can't post this on the kickstarter page.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Levan
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hast ye seen the White Whale?
mbmbmbmbmb
Unique rolls is an interesting idea, but we haven't explored that direction yet. The Captains from the solo mode are similar. They each have a different personality that determines what buildings and actions they prefer. It seems possible to give something similar to players. I have notes for a way to add more unique powers to the game, but that is way out on the horizon.

It seems unlikely that we will add anything that covers the details of processing, but some buildings from the expansion, the Perfumery, Refinery, and Dressmaker reflect the different products that depended on the industry. Some day I'd like to revisit some of the other important town industries, so it's not completely out of the question.

Thanks for your suggestions, and thanks for supporting New Bedford!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sivilized wrote:
Thanks for your suggestions, and thanks for supporting New Bedford!

Thanks for your answer and insights, Nat. This sounds as great as anything else about the game. I am sooo happy about the solo mode and looking very much forward to this.

Enjoy the last week of the campaign. I guess, it's a champagne campaign for you guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Tix
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NANTUCKET!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.