Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
We all know that feeling when EVERYONE has been telling you how GREAT that film was and then you go watch it and you are soooo disappointed.

I gotta admit that's exactly what I expected from my first FS experience.

Didn't happen though.

I don't play WH40K the miniature game but I'm a great fan of the lore (books by Abnett) and play COnquest semi-competitively.

Well I now think that FS is going to be THE game that best expresses the WH40K world.

It's full of flavour, really packed with it. Asymetrical but with a deep feeling of balance (to be assessed in a proper review after more games though!) and what's more important it just ROCKS:
-Gorgeous minis
-Packed with choices and strategy
-Gorgeous board tiles (really, really gorgeous)
-Great cards (a little grudge as a Conquest player when it come to recycling the same art over and over again but buying a FFG game you know the risks)

All in all: I warmly advise the purchase even if indeed the price tag is high.

First reaction of my mate "wow it's expensive!"

Second reaction after we've sorted what's in the box "well okay it's worth it"

Third reaction after we've played: "okay so on Saturday you come back here and then I take the Orks and... (etc)"

We all know what that means

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game cost is irrelevant when you factor how much you play it. What's worse - a $100 game that you play 30 times or a $30 game you play once? It's all about bang for your buck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Game cost is irrelevant when you factor how much you play it. What's worse - a $100 game that you play 30 times or a $30 game you play once? It's all about bang for your buck.

Indeed. In the precise case of FS, I surmise that it's gonna see a LOT of table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mlinhardt73 wrote:
Just played my first game last week as well. It is indeed fantastic. We'll save the conversation about how your Conquest cards use art from Relic and even Horus Heresy for another time.

(joke there, for the humor impared. they do the same art recycling with warhammer fantasy and star wars as well)

Yeah the recycling... They also do the same with the Lovecraft lore....

I resent it AND... I don't resent it.

I mean the art in Conquest (and thus the recycled bits in FS) is gorgeous.

Oh well, end of the day what you want to have is a good game and really FS delivers in that aspect. I wish all the games in my collection would deliver that same way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.