Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Kelly
United States
Petersburg
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy of the game last night and while punching it and looking through the bits, I noticed that the two punchboards with the boxes, cowboy tiles, and hats each have a small slit in the cardboard near the hats with the words 'Folding Line' printed next to it. The slit doesn't appear to go all the way through the board and the Rules book didn't have any reference to it that I could find.

Does anyone have any ides what this 'Folding Line' is for or about? I have held onto the punchboards for now in case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Meservy
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat. Got mine last night and held onto the punchboard just in case

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You fold the stands that you put cowboy nameplates on, are you referring to that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, that indication on the punchboard is just showing you what a "folding line" looks like so you recognize that you need to FOLD the boxes / nameplates rather than SEPARATE the sides of the boxes / nameplates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Kelly
United States
Petersburg
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I think I see. So it's just an example of the "Folding Line" cuts on the boxes, so that you don't mistakenly think that the punch was poorly done and try to cut those folds apart. Makes sense in a not entirely intuitive sort of way... Thank you for clearing it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sjkellyfetti wrote:
Oh, I think I see. So it's just an example of the "Folding Line" cuts on the boxes, so that you don't mistakenly think that the punch was poorly done and try to cut those folds apart. Makes sense in a not entirely intuitive sort of way... Thank you for clearing it up.

I was wondering the same thing until I realized they should have put "Folding Line Example" there instead of just "Folding Line."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cunningham
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While yes, it is a folding line EXAMPLE, from a engineer's standpoint I'm guessing it's actually to monitor the depth of the fold line cut during factory production. That way they can measure to make sure it's not too deep (or not too shallow) without touching the actual pieces the players will use.
Confused me too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, I came here to post my theory that it is a quality check. To make sure the fold-cuts were done, done on the correct side - maybe depth check as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.