GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,977 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Does this game exist? If not should I make it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nat tact
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a big fan of post apocalyptic sci fi films and books. So I want a game that is something along the lines of this.

The start of an post apocalyptic survival where you are in charge of creating a defense base/house. And you are competing against other players to survive the longest. Either you kill off the other players/take over their bases.

I know that their are a lot of games out there that are in the area of post apocalyptic games but they are usually co-op or semi co-op. I just wanna destroy people in a post apocalyptic world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Arctic Scavengers, maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Otherworldly Santa
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Earth Reborn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
endeavor
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nathairday wrote:
I just wanna destroy people in a post apocalyptic world.

amen brother.

I have no idea how many are out there, the only thing coming to mind is 51st state and I have no idea if its close its just a game that I've seen the bgg page and I want to play. But whatever's out there doesn't matter, more should be made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Castellani
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As someone who loves to design games, the answer for me for the second question is...

Either way, yes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ Wilde
United States
Monroe
LA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just do it (not to sound cliche but hey).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toms Leikums
Latvia
Jelgava
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The New Era might be good thematic example, but it is more economic than skirmish game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nathairday wrote:
The start of an post apocalyptic survival where you are in charge of creating a defense base/house. And you are competing against other players to survive the longest. Either you kill off the other players/take over their bases.
It's not in the theme you're looking for, and it's not directly PvP, but Dungeon Lords has the "building a base" and "surviving the longest" kind of thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well (on a continental scale) After the Holocaust might fit the bill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Smith
United States
Andover
Kansas
flag msg tools
GET OVER HERE!
badge
Who the @#&% was that?
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie Survival: The Board Game? It has some of the elements you are looking for and is worth a look for ideas at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nat tact
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
nathairday wrote:
It's not in the theme you're looking for, and it's not directly PvP, but Dungeon Lords has the "building a base" and "surviving the longest" kind of thing.

I want to build a base, raiding buildings for survivors and items, then raid and kill other players. This town ain't big enough for the both of us. We survive and you die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nat tact
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GalaxyZento wrote:
Just do it (not to sound cliche but hey).

I want to play this game but I want to know if their are other games like it so if there aren't then I want to make it. I hate risk but I like the feeling of. I just wiped you off of the map and out of the game. Peace! I want that feeling back!

I honestly would design this game/put it in my docket as the game that I am currently working on is in the blind testing phase. Although right now my partner, who is my SO, and I work on games together so in the list of games that we want to make it might be somewhere in the middle. Plus this the idea of this game might have a higher designer skill than we currently have so it might not be fun for us to make, which is kind of why we design. Fun to design fun to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yog Sothoth
United Kingdom
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about Posthuman when it comes out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Harriman
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
World War IV: One World, One King

I have a friend with a copy we need to get on the table.

Looks like a bigger scale version of what your looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I Need More Coffee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fallout: the Board Game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
nathairday wrote:
I'm a big fan of post apocalyptic sci fi films and books. So I want a game that is something along the lines of this.

I know that their are a lot of games out there that are in the area of post apocalyptic games but they are usually co-op or semi co-op. I just wanna destroy people in a post apocalyptic world.

City of Remnants has many of these elements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.