GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,854 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Empire of the Sun» Forums » Rules

Subject: Erasmus Taskforce Creation: how extra activations works? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simone Melchiori
Italy
Vigarano Pieve
FE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another hello and another question on taskforce creation.

Scenario 1942: 1st activation of japanese Bot.
Japanese bot must use Card 40: Operation U-Go (Log value = 4; only air/ground units; It's the only Mil Event drawn on japanese hand)

Log EVAl = 16 so Air Superiority Strategy; Objectives Conservative:

My objectives are:

1) Manila A/N
2) Singapore A/N
3) Jolo
4) Kuantan
...etc

My 1st taskforce to build is a TF for A/N Attack to Manila.

5th A (Attack 22) + 23 A (Attach 16) has an attack value of 38 that should be enough also if quartered to destroy FEAF reduced air force on Manila.

But here i'm not sure with Extra Activation logic.

Extra activation say: 'If reaction possible, add naval, then air alternating to highest priority objective; else activate air to attack enemy air, then naval, else ground'

I'm not sure to understand this phrase (maybe for my bad english...).

Allied player can react if roll <= 7 or if using reaction card: so reaction is possible. So i should add air units (Operation U-Go can't activate naval units) to TaskForce versus Manila objective because allied player could react and move both ASIA naval units to Manila?

If yes: how many units should i add to task force? One? if one, which? the best ? Or should i count how many defense point allied player can add in reaction and add air units that garantee elimination of also all reaction units with a quartered result?

When should i use the 'else activate air to attack enemy air, then naval, else ground' phrase? Maybe instead of 'add naval/air unit to taskforce' i must use others taskforces to hit (pin) all available reaction units? If so, which units should i use in these taskforces?
These taskforces are more important than my other objectives? In other words if i had only 4 activable units should i use 2 units on manila and 2 units on Singapore, or should i use 2 units on Manila and 2 units to neutralize both ASIA Naval units that can react in highest objective?

Bye

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When determining if reaction is possible, you don't really worry too much about the dice roll or whether the bot has a reaction card. What you should be looking at is:

o is my battle hex within range of an enemy HQ that is not out of supply?
o Can that enemy HQ send any units to the battle hex to react? If the card you played was a 1 OC, then the naval units would have to be within 5 hexes or if air units, only 1 jump. If you played a 3 OC card, then it would be 15 hexes for naval and 3 jumps for air.

You should really do your main objectives for the bot before worrying about extra activations. If the card you played gives you 7 activations, you should try to make the requirements for objectives first (example: neutralize the air units in DEI and Philippines). As many objectives as possible. Then if you have any activations left over, rather than wasting them you use them as the extra activations.

"add naval, then air alternating to highest priority objective" means send a naval unit to Manila, then an air unit to Manila and then another naval unit to Manila and so on...

Be careful, later on if you play a card for the bot as an Operation card, you will only be able to play one battle hex, so this means you can only really go after one objective that way. If you play a card for the bot as an event, then the bot will be able to target more than one objective like you are doing here.

melkios wrote:

Allied player can react if roll <= 7 or if using reaction card: so reaction is possible. So i should add air units (Operation U-Go can't activate naval units) to TaskForce versus Manila objective because allied player could react and move both ASIA naval units to Manila?

If yes: how many units should i add to task force? One? if one, which? the best ? Or should i count how many defense point allied player can add in reaction and add air units that garantee elimination of also all reaction units with a quartered result?

If so, which units should i use in these taskforces?
These taskforces are more important than my other objectives? In other words if i had only 4 activable units should i use 2 units on manila and 2 units on Singapore, or should i use 2 units on Manila and 2 units to neutralize both ASIA Naval units that can react in highest objective?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.