Subject: Kitty Pryde Infiltrate the HQ w/ Pan Dinensional Plague rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Finally got SW and I'm playing w/ Kitty. Pan Dimensional plague puts wounds next to each hero in the HQ. But what happens to that wound when you use Kitty's card to swap out a hero?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thedaninblack wrote:
Finally got SW and I'm playing w/ Kitty. Pan Dimensional plague puts wounds next to each hero in the HQ. But what happens to that wound when you use Kitty's card to swap out a hero?

It stays right there. From my understanding of the Scheme after playing it myself is that it remains in place and can only bemoved under very specific circumstances:

1. A new scheme twist is revealed, all of the wounds still under the HQ are KOed and new ones replace all of the locations.

2. When you purchase a hero you can either choose to get the hero at cost, but gain the wound or pay one extra and place the wound back in the wound stack.

All other circumstances the Wounds remain. So if the hero is KOed it remains. If the hero is returned to the deck it remains.

That is why there are so many schemes with this particular game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Pollard
msg tools
I completely agree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
timothyp1 wrote:
I completely agree.

That's how I played it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Meenachan
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
KILLER QUEEN: BITES THE DUST!
badge
ShaRog Master Race
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this is how we played it.

General question: did you all find that scheme to be particularly easy? We never seemed to be in danger of losing at all, since we were always willing to pay an extra recruitment point to put the wound back on the stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheKillShirt wrote:

General question: did you all find that scheme to be particularly easy? We never seemed to be in danger of losing at all, since we were always willing to pay an extra recruitment point to put the wound back on the stack.

It's easier with more players. I struggled with it solo. Also depends on the villains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Schauble
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheKillShirt wrote:

I played it 2 player with Zombie Green Goblin, Deadlands, Wastelands, and Ghost Racers and it was quite challenging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Low
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dan,
You, Jacob, and Tim are all correct. When playing the Pan-Dimensional Scheme, if card effects cause Heroes to leave the HQ, Wounds next to the HQ due to the Scheme just stay where they are.

Pan-Dimensionally yours,

Devin Low
Designer, Legendary meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
devinlow wrote:
Hi Dan,
You, Jacob, and Tim are all correct. When playing the Pan-Dimensional Scheme, if card effects cause Heroes to leave the HQ, Wounds next to the HQ due to the Scheme just stay where they are.

Pan-Dimensionally yours,

Devin Low
Designer, Legendary meeple

Thanks for clearing that up Devin! I'm loving Secret Wars!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Valdes
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Codeshark wrote:
TheKillShirt wrote:

I played it 2 player with Zombie Green Goblin, Deadlands, Wastelands, and Ghost Racers and it was quite challenging.

We played it this exact same way only swapping out Manhattan (Earth-1610) for Wastelands. HUGE MISTAKE! It was extremely difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Burridge
msg tools
thedaninblack wrote:
TheKillShirt wrote:

It's easier with more players. I struggled with it solo. Also depends on the villains.

It really is tough solo, I've only played it once and I got obliterated. The villain deck is only 27 cards and 15 of those are scheme twists and master strikes on adv solo!

You need to remove on average 2 wounds before every scheme twist to just keep your head above water. Really tough, I didn't even lay a hand on the mastermind.

I imagine the trick is to use low cost heroes like the spideys or heroes that lower the recruit cost like kitty pride?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
when the rules say the deck runs out is that when the wound deck has zero cards or when you need to draw a wound and none are left? I played a game where the deck was emptied but managed to fill before the end of the turn. Did i lose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chrisxny wrote:
when the rules say the deck runs out is that when the wound deck has zero cards or when you need to draw a wound and none are left? I played a game where the deck was emptied but managed to fill before the end of the turn. Did i lose?

I think the Evil Wins condition triggers instantaneously as soon as the Wounds deck is empty, so I think you lost, but I'm not sure there's a definitive ruling on this yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
Chrisxny wrote:

I think the Evil Wins condition triggers instantaneously as soon as the Wounds deck is empty, so I think you lost, but I'm not sure there's a definitive ruling on this yet.

I would agree. In normal play if the villain or hero deck runs out then you have until the end of the turn to avoid a draw. However, if the scheme stipulates that you lose when one of those decks runs out, you lose instantaneously, you don't get to try and finish the turn. I figure same would apply if the scheme says you lose when the wound stack runs out. At least that's how I understand it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.