Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

Mafia de Cuba was a must buy when my wife heard about it and so we preorded it. I see now that there is already an expansion for it called Mafia de Cuba: Revolucion Expansion. Does anyone have any information on the expansion? I see there is new characters, but can't find any descriptions on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loic Lamy
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a short discussion (and open the box) about the expansion at the beginning of this video : http://www.trictrac.tv/video/Mafia_de_Cuba_The_What_The_How
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schreiber
United States
Waynesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Tolerance for ambiguity is the first step in maturity.
mbmbmbmbmb
lynkowsky wrote:
There is a short discussion (and open the box) about the expansion at the beginning of this video : http://www.trictrac.tv/video/Mafia_de_Cuba_The_What_The_How

EXCELLENT interview with such talented team behind the game. Impressive!

Thank you, designer Loïc Lamy, for sharing this link and your brilliant idea for making a game where players may choose their role. I suspect many people will try copy this idea soon---it's such a great idea!

I am so glad the publisher and artist took their time to get this right. I hope it will be a big hit for you. It interests me that the expansion is so historical! Wow. This is the "adult" werewolf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loic Lamy
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jānis Rudzītis
Latvia
Jūrmala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris, active role selection games are nothing new (check out classics: e.g., "Verräter", "Meuterer" or "Citadels"), but nevertheless "Mafia de Cuba" looks to be a fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bresnan
United States
Decatur
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dad vs Daughter will have an unboxing and review of the expansion within the next 2 weeks, so keep an eye on our Facebook and YouTube channel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brezman wrote:
Dad vs Daughter will have an unboxing and review of the expansion within the next 2 weeks, so keep an eye on our Facebook and YouTube channel.

That's great news! I preordered the base game, but have held off on the expansion since there is not a lot of info out there on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a game with it last saturday at Asmoday, and it was quite fun.

The one role from the expansion we played was the revolutionnary.
There are 2 identical cards and they replace the agents.
Like the agents, the revolutionnaries want the godfather to accuse them. The difference is that if one of them is accused, they both win, and they also make the poorest thief or thieves and all the street urchins win.

Thus, it can become a valid strategy to take only one diamond and to try to help the revolutionnaries to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jānis Rudzītis
Latvia
Jūrmala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Itai, thank you for the information!
Can you, please, describe other new roles (traitor&co, diamond lover,lawyer)?

p.s. I noticed that this is "expansion No.1". So we can expect another expansion ("Expansion No.2")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This one was the only one I played. I tried photographing the rulebook, but the pictures ended blurry...

Here's what I can figure out from what I can read and what I remember from what I read.
- the lawyer replaces a driver. His winning condition will depend on the first person accused by the godfather. If the godfather accused a faithful or a cleaner, the lawyer will win with the street urchin. If he accused a thief, the lawyer will win with the faithful. (there's a third possibility I cannot read).

- the traitor and his assistant replace an agent and a faithful. When the godfather accuses somebody wrongly, the traitor takes over. With the help of his assistant, he'll try to figure out where the thieves are, and if he succeeds, they'll both win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jānis Rudzītis
Latvia
Jūrmala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I can agree with the designer that the new characters are a little bit complicated
There is one photo with partly visible rules on BGG:
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/2676031/mafia-de-cuba-revolu...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.