GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,656 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

J
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
To see the discount...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001VG6L82/ref=ox_sc_act_ti...

Put Valdora ($35) in your cart -- make sure to choose seller Funagain games, fulfilled by Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002V5EV2/ref=ox_sc_sfl_ti...

Put Hansa ($25) in your cart -- make sure to choose seller Funagain games, fulfilled by Amazon

When you proceed to checkout, you should see a -$25 promotion applied so you get both games for a total of $35
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's an awesome deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got Hansa in a different Funagain promotion recently (packaged with China instead of Valdora-- I guess Funagain overinvested in Michael Schacht games?) and I love it as a short-but-not-fluffy 2p game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
I got Hansa in a different Funagain promotion recently (packaged with China instead of Valdora-- I guess Funagain overinvested in Michael Schacht games?) and I love it as a short-but-not-fluffy 2p game.

have you played it with 4? curious as to what you thought about that? (is it prone to AP?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C/o Alejandro Guzman
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Charging me 48 for them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
alfromri wrote:
Charging me 48 for them?

are you sure you are choosing FunAgain Fulfilled by Amazon for both of them? it is confusing - for each item there are two FunAgain sellers ... one is not fulfilled by Amazon and the other is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jcarmeeple wrote:
have you played it with 4? curious as to what you thought about that? (is it prone to AP?)

I've only played it 2p. My sense from reading reviews was that at higher player counts, the thinky intensity I liked went away and was replaced by chaos. So in that sense, AP might actually go down? I don't know, though.

(And of course, the internet isn't always right about these things. But my experience of 2p Hansa, and of the overly-chaotic 4p game of China I played, basically lined up with BGG consensus.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C/o Alejandro Guzman
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ty. got it to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Weimholt
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
If I beat your score, you must *really* suck.
badge
Almost pulled the trigger. Hadn't really heard much about either of these games, other than the names being familiar due to all the times I scrolled past them in the game rankings.

Watched a couple videos about Hansa, and was still on the fence, but teetering toward pulling the trigger. Sounds like the kind of game I would enjoy.

Then I watched the Dice Tower review of Valdora and literally fell asleep before Ryan Metzler even finished explaining the rules. This one is definitely not my cup of tea, even despite the fact that I've been looking to get some more family/kid friendly games in my collection.

It seems a shame that they didn't pair up Hansa with a better game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan W
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mweimholt wrote:

Hmmmm....I was thinking just the opposite. Valdora looks interesting to me, but Hansa looks like a snore fest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kolb
United States
Highland Park
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alfromri wrote:
Ty. got it to work.

How? I have the same problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is so odd for me to see the back and forth comments, because I love both games, and enjoy them both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kolb
United States
Highland Park
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wordoftheoracle wrote:
alfromri wrote:
Ty. got it to work.

How? I have the same problem.

Never mind. Got it to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Weimholt
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
DaYooper wrote:
mweimholt wrote:

Hmmmm....I was thinking just the opposite. Valdora looks interesting to me, but Hansa looks like a snore fest.

To each his own. Too bad we (probably) don't live near each other, else we could go halfsies on this deal. Then again, I was only feeling sort of lukewarm about Hansa anyway - somewhat interested, but not enough to seek it out. There are several other games on my wishlist I could pick up for the same amount of money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James G
United States
California
flag msg tools
jcarmeeple wrote:
alfromri wrote:
Charging me 48 for them?

are you sure you are choosing FunAgain Fulfilled by Amazon for both of them? it is confusing - for each item there are two FunAgain sellers ... one is not fulfilled by Amazon and the other is.

Thanks! I Scored a copy of both for $35.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Both are great. Valdora is highly underrated, IMO: a fantastic Ticket to Ride-weight game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Weimholt
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
cbazler wrote:
Both are great. Valdora is highly underrated, IMO: a fantastic Ticket to Ride-weight game.

Don't get me wrong - I'd certainly play it, at least once, and give it a fair shot. But I'm certainly not going to buy it first, just because it's on sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamison Munn
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I can score a copy of both for $30 if I apply for an Amazon rewards visa card. It appears like it works for most games though. I put 7 wonders and Castles of Burgundy in there and I could get them both for $35.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.