GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,240 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Jake Leeman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Do conjurations go into the discard pile as normal, or return to the conjuration deck?

Similarly, are conjurations an unlimited resource, or can you play cards you have (left?) in your conjuration pile?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They go to the conjuration pile. You are limited to the number in the lower left hand corner of the conjuration card. This is the maximum you can put into your conjuration pile and therefore the limit that you can summon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you are limited in how many you can have in play at one time by the number in the lower left corner. however you can summon them all day long if they deep dying and going back to the conjuration pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Leeman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
you are limited in how many you can have in play at one time by the number in the lower left corner. however you can summon them all day long if they deep dying and going back to the conjuration pile.

Actually, I believe you are limited to the amount in play by your Phoenixborn's battlefield value. The number on the bottom left of the conjuration card is the number you can have in your conjuration pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gumps wrote:
Klaxas wrote:

Actually, I believe you are limited to the amount in play by your Phoenixborn's battlefield value. The number on the bottom left of the conjuration card is the number you can have in your conjuration pile.

the amount you can have in play is the same as how many is in your conjuration pile. you are also limited to total units equal your battlefield value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Back to the conjuration pool, where they can be resummoned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Channell
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
Gumps wrote:
Klaxas wrote:

the amount you can have in play is the same as how many is in your conjuration pile. you are also limited to total units equal your battlefield value.

This statement sounds wrong. Maybe I'm interpreting it incorrectly. The number in the lower left corner is how many you can have in you conjugation deck, not on the battlefield. You can still only have as many units on the battlefield as the Phoenixborn's battlefield amount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chudley wrote:
Klaxas wrote:
Gumps wrote:
Klaxas wrote:

This statement sounds wrong. Maybe I'm interpreting it incorrectly. The number in the lower left corner is how many you can have in you conjugation deck, not on the battlefield. You can still only have as many units on the battlefield as the Phoenixborn's battlefield amount.

the number in your conjuration pile and the number you can have in play are the same number (notice I didn't say battlefield) the number of units you can have in your battlefield is equal to your battlefield value.

it is possible we will have conjurations that do not go on the battlefield (which is why I said in play) we may even have conjurations that may go in multiple places. which is why you are limited to a number of conjurations in play equal to the number in the lower corner (which is also the number in your conjuration pile) in addition you are limited to a number of units on the battlefield equal to your battlefield value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What conjurations could you have in play that aren't in your battlefield? and where would they be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
cschrad1 wrote:
What conjurations could you have in play that aren't in your battlefield? and where would they be?

Blood Puppet...because typically it'd be in your opponent's battlefield. And if there's one example now, chances are good future expansions will also feature units that can be placed in your opponents' battlefields.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cschrad1 wrote:

also looking at the pic that Isaac showed off of whats in testing the next phoenixborn brings out an "ice buff" alteration spell that comes from the conjuration pile.

and even without the ice buff and blood puppet, nothing in the rules say your conjurations in play are limited by your battlefield. the rules say conjurations in play are limited by the number in the corner of the card and units are limited by battlefield.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.