GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,481 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Daniel Chenin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Setup secion reads "Put 10 extra Annihilation Wave Henchmen in the KO Pile"

What exactly is an Annihilation Wave Henchmen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Big Poppi
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Use any Henchmen group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Anez
Venezuela
flag msg tools
Basically the Scheme refers to them as Annihilation Wave Henchmen to have you be able to tell them apart from other Henchmen. Sort of how 'Replace Earth Leaders with Killbots' refer to Bystanders as Killbots or how 'Transform Citizens into Demons' refers to Jean Grey as the Goblin Queen

You'll pick an additional henchman group, KO all of its members, and they are now the Annihilation Wave Henchmen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DSChenin wrote:
The Setup secion reads "Put 10 extra Annihilation Wave Henchmen in the KO Pile"

What exactly is an Annihilation Wave Henchmen?

They were a last minute snub from the game, and UD forgot to pull that scheme out. It is suspected that they will be included in Volume 2 this Fall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay BG for resolving puzzling questions quickly!

Lisa has a randomizer for generating Legendary setups; she just added all the stuff in it, and then it crashed when it generated the Army of Annihilation Scheme and wanted to add Minions that didn't exist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crow
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
Rather than create a new thread, we had another question about this scheme.

What happens if one Annihilation Henchman escapes?

Doesn't that mean... it's impossible for Evil to win? That seems kind of odd.

Or are Henchmen that escape also considered next to the Mastermind?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gislef wrote:
Rather than create a new thread, we had another question about this scheme.

What happens if one Annihilation Henchman escapes?

Doesn't that mean... it's impossible for Evil to win? That seems kind of odd.

Or are Henchmen that escape also considered next to the Mastermind?

Well, the Army of Annihilation Henchmen start in the KO pile, get placed next to the mastermind, get defeated by players into their victory pile, and then get moved by scheme twists back to the KO pile.

So normally they never get into the city where they could escape and its never an issue.

However, some cards could totally throw a wrench in this. For example, Maximus can play a villain.

I think, however, that a houserule of moving an escaped AoA henchman to be next to the Mastermind probably makes the most sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crow
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
That was our concern, that Henchman sometimes seem to get into the City anyway.

What happens if you beat Thor Corp members is another question.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Ruegg
New Zealand
flag msg tools
I played Pieces On A Chessboard and moved my Annihilation Henchmen from my victory pile into the city. When a scheme twist shows, this henchmen is left in the city. Therefore we broke the scheme and focused on the mastermind. My wife and I decided not to defeat the one in the city as doing so would mean all 10 could appear next to the mastermind.

We played that right, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Walter
msg tools
When there is an henchmen next to the mastermind, can I defeat it for free with Mental Domination (Maximus)? And by doing that, would the fight effect and fateful resurrection efect trigger or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kazador Seventh wrote:
When there is an henchmen next to the mastermind, can I defeat it for free with Mental Domination (Maximus)? And by doing that, would the fight effect and fateful resurrection efect trigger or not?

I'd say yes to all of the above. Maximus' card does not specify the villain has to be in the city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Walter
msg tools
Thanks Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pär Löfblad
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a couple of questions to make this superclear for me:

1. Only the extra henchmen group are considered as Annihilation Wave henchmen, right? The regular henchmen group in the Villain deck are nothing other than what their card says? This would mean that when the first scheme twist is drawn no Annihilation Wave henchmen can be KO'd from any victory pile since they all start in the KO pile, am I understanding this correctly?

2. When the first scheme twist is drawn you put one Annihilation Wave henchman next to the mastermind, when the second one is drawn you put two there and with the third twist you put three there and so forth. Is this right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cresswell
United Kingdom
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct on both counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Veridicus wrote:
2. When the first scheme twist is drawn you put one Annihilation Wave henchman next to the mastermind, when the second one is drawn you put two there and with the third twist you put three there and so forth. Is this right?

Right. So, for instance, if there are already 5 next to the Mastermind and the fourth twist comes out, adding those 4 puts the total at 9! Better get to hitting that pile pretty hard if you want to survive much longer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pär Löfblad
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
Right. So, for instance, if there are already 5 next to the Mastermind and the fourth twist comes out, adding those 4 puts the total at 9! Better get to hitting that pile pretty hard if you want to survive much longer!

The game is so much fun when you're on the brink of annihilation

Thanks for the clear up, both of you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kongphon Nitikijphaiboon
msg tools
Question what happens when theres no aoa left in the ko pile?

Do you puts those from ypur victory pile in?? Or no??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Scheme says, "Twist: KO all Annihilation Henchmen from players' Victory Piles."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angry Augury
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding to this thread rather than creating my own:

If the henchmen group chosen as the Annihilation Wave has an ambush effect, does it activate when the scheme places one or more of them next to the Mastermind?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
n107 wrote:

If the henchmen group chosen as the Annihilation Wave has an ambush effect, does it activate when the scheme places one or more of them next to the Mastermind?

It does not, they are not entering the city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angry Augury
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Facsantos wrote:
n107 wrote:

It does not, they are not entering the city.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What if you have a henchman group that doesn't go to the victory pile? In my case, it's the Thor Corps. It looks like I could defeat one of these henchman and that scheme is totally defused as the card goes to my discard pile instead of my victory pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
What if you have a henchman group that doesn't go to the victory pile? In my case, it's the Thor Corps. It looks like I could defeat one of these henchman and that scheme is totally defused as the card goes to my discard pile instead of my victory pile.

I think that's correct. As written, Evil can't win that Scheme if Thor Corps is chosen as the Annihilation Wave Henchmen, as soon as one player recruits one of them.

Personally, though, I'd rather play it as:

Twist: KO all Annihilation Henchmen from wherever they are.

Players should keep track of how many Thor Corps henchmen they have, so that when a Twist happens, they'll know if they have any in their deck. So, for example, if I know I have 3 Thor Corps Henchmen in my deck and I have all 3 of them in my hand, I would just KO all 3 of them. But if I only have 1 in my hand, I would then look in my discards. If the other two aren't in my discard pile, I would then have to pick up my deck, find them, KO them, then shuffle my deck.

It's a bit messy, but it makes the Scheme playable with Thor Corps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see why you'd make that change. I think I'd make it even simpler and just send Annihilation Wave henchman to victory piles even if they should go to your deck. BUT... I'm playing a randomized campaign and for every game that randomly comes out to be a bit easier, there's another that randomly comes out to be nearly impossible, so I think I'm going to take any "cheap shot" I can get away with legally.

EDIT : Upon reflection, I've changed my mind. I'm just going to go with Annihilation Wave henchmen as always going to the victory pile. As much as I want the break, I just can't play through a game that's TOO easy.

EDIT : I was promptly annihilated as all of the scheme twists were in the top 40% of the deck. Ah well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.