Subject: Player resources tracking replacement? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The only thing I truly didn't like about the components were the tracks for player CP, Axinimum and Phasium. I was always afraid I was going to be bumping the track off the marker. The punched holes for research are so cool and I love them, and I can see why they simply couldn't easily do the same for the rest of it in the space provided.

Plus it was a hassle constantly taking +20 and +40 on and off. Especially when you're at something like 48 and you need to spend 13. I kept trying to move my peg as part of the counting but I found I needed to just ignore all that and do the math in my head then go back and set the value from scratch. I think what throws me off is the increments of 20. If it was 10, I probably could just count them out no problem. This became especially fun as we were wrapping up our game past midnight.

So I'm thinking of ideas for switching it and wondered if anyone else had any interesting ideas to share. Gems could work for Axinium and Phasium as you rarely get a lot, but CP would probably need some 10s, 20s, etc. Not sure if I'd just get equally annoyed with that method, as with the other, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Campos
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We use gems for phasium and axnium, and custom metal coins or the money from Firefly for CP. Because you're right, the resource tracks are pretty weak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kashre wrote:
We use gems for phasium and axnium, and custom metal coins or the money from Firefly for CP. Because you're right, the resource tracks are pretty weak.

I use poker chips for the money but the resource tracks for the resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Here's a crazy idea I've had that: drilling holes in the boards large enough for a small peg. Plus holes to the left represent multiples of +20. Just take three cubes out of the game.

It would solve the worry about the markers sliding, but would do nothing for the math part. But then, I think the math part isn't THAT bad once you make sure to just do the math and not try to count by moving the token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kashre wrote:

I think I'm going to go with this and poker chips for CPs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.