One Night Ultimate Vampire» Forums » General

Subject: Assassin Role Opinion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Cao

Amherst
New York
msg tools
Ive yet to play ONUV, so i don't have much of a leg to stand, but wouldnt it be better if the assassin went after marks were checked? That way, people couldnt 100% say who had the mark of the assassin until it was pickpocketed/checked from another class.

I feel like currently the assassin has a really tough job, since once someone claims to have the mark, have it or not,the assassin will have a difficult time convincing everyone to kill that person unless they have a huge blunder.

But if people check and then the mark is placed, the holder generally wont know if he has it. Thus, an assassin can do many things (pretend to be scum, pretend to be town if he gave someone with the mark of vampire into assassin, ect) while still not overpowering assassin.

As I say, yet to actually test, but it just seems more assassin-y, if your target doesnt know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cao

Amherst
New York
msg tools
kiwisoup wrote:
I think it's a lot more interesting the way it is and adds a layer of strategy. It would be kinda boring the other way around.

Edit:

Really? I feel like it gives the assassin a lot more options the other way (knowing that a mark of vampire was lost, claiming roles, targetting someone that might seem random otherwise), gives other people more options (town can pretend to be assassin to get someone with mark to confess/get mark of traitor to think theyre on the same side again, ect) without being too OP (its like being robbed, but aasassin cant stay quiet all game since they want someone dead.

Just my 2 cents anyways

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dok Indigo
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kiwisoup wrote:
I think it's a lot more interesting the way it is and adds a layer of strategy. It would be kinda boring the other way around.

I agree.

With the proposed change the player that got the Mark of the Assassin is kind of a tanner that does not know he's a tanner and that looses when getting killed. Worst role ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cao

Amherst
New York
msg tools
Hexendoktor wrote:
kiwisoup wrote:

I agree.

With the proposed change the player that got the Mark of the Assassin is kind of a tanner that does not know he's a tanner and that looses when getting killed. Worst role ever.

Unless I'm missing a huge rule, may I ask how is it like a tanner that loses when killed? I'm a tiny bit confused. Unless I'm missing something, the player with the mark of the assassin still has their standard win condition. In addition, it's not as if the mark itself changes based on if you receive it before peeking or after peeking. Just knowledge changes. A vampire with the mark that is voted upon still loses with the rest of vampires. A vampire without the mark that is voted upon still loses.

So I'm a bit confused on what changes in that regard if the timing is different
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dok Indigo
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slify wrote:
Hexendoktor wrote:
kiwisoup wrote:

I agree.

Unless I'm missing a huge rule, may I ask how is it like a tanner that loses when killed? I'm a tiny bit confused. Unless I'm missing something, the player with the mark of the assassin still has their standard win condition. In addition, it's not as if the mark itself changes based on if you receive it before peeking or after peeking. Just knowledge changes. A vampire with the mark that is voted upon still loses with the rest of vampires. A vampire without the mark that is voted upon still loses.

So I'm a bit confused on what changes in that regard if the timing is different

If you know that you have the Mark of the Assassin you can defend against it.

You're right about the win condition. But unless 1) the assassins target is a tanner or 2) two or more players die, you lose when you get killed. And unless the Assassin knows what role his target has and what faction is in the majority and his targets' death would cause the majority to win, it would be unwise to fully reveal himself. So, a shared victory with the assassins will happen, but most often it will be luck or bluff and not something the majority agrees to do.

Players must figure out who the assassin is and they get help help with that when someone amongst them knows who the target is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
You're a wolf. You claim mark of Assassin and that the "seer" who got a wolf hit on you is the assassin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Farrell
United Kingdom
Reading
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
As Assassin, your job is to lie your butt off to get your target killed. The fact is sometimes wolves and vampires will get the mark, so you can't just write someone off when they tell you to kill the guy who has it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
clydeiii wrote:
You're a wolf. You claim mark of Assassin and that the "seer" who got a wolf hit on you is the assassin.
This is exactly what I was thinking. If there was someone who was sure you were a Werewolf/Vampire you can now claim that they are an Assassin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.