Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Letourneau
Canada
St-Lambert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the title says. Not clear to me from the rules as under Using this Expansion, they do not says to incorporate the cards with the unique assets from MoM. They just say to form a separate deck with them. Don't really see why they couldn't be mixed but I haven't read all the cards yet so it may be important to keep them separate. Anybody who's read the cards have any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Fischer
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't even notice that, but you're right. The rules imply that they should be used separately. But maybe the wording was used in case you don't have any of the other expansions. Then unique assets are a new type of cards. I don't see any reason, why you should separate them from the unique assets in Mansions of Madness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With this type of game, unless the manual tells me specifically not to, I will mix together as much stuff as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Fischer
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarnop wrote:
With this type of game, unless the manual tells me specifically not to, I will mix together as much stuff as possible.

True thing most of the rules are explicitly stated. So they probably would have said "don't mix the unique assets with those from other expansions" and then probably give them a different design like they did with the adventure cards. I mixed them together and will keep it that way. Didn't hurt my last play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep the different types of UA seperate anyways (ally, task, other) so I win!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Aligato
Philippines
Quezon City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As with the other decks, the Unique Assets should be able to be mixed with any previous ones. We haven't bought SR yet, but I believe it would be mixable. None of the Unique Assets in the previews doesn't seem to need to be separated though.

This would come from experience with MoM. The Dog Sled and Antarctic Guide Unique Assets aren't needed when the Antarctica sideboard isn't in play, but no intruction about separating them during such a game seem to appear, and gameplay doesn't seem to be bothered in the multiple times we played the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aurelian
United Kingdom
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gameplay requires them to be mixed into a single deck, eg. there's an adventure result that requires drawing a unique asset character (which both MoM and SR have).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Shelton

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the key, as these are written assuming you have purchased no other expansions, is that the Unique Assets should not be mixed in with the normal Asset deck. Of course you should combine it with any other Unique Assets you have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.