Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets talk about the box contents - Does anyone have any information on exactly whats in the box for $40?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
KY
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Under 151 standard board game size cards.
Under 101 standard mini cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Cox
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The FFG product page shows 3 packs of larger card sleeves and 2 packs of smaller card sleeves required, so that means there should be somewhere between 101 and 150 larger, and 51 and 100 smaller cards. It looks like larger csrds include character cards, location cards, monster cards, and character actions, while smaller cards are dungeon cards, which I think can either be items or events. From the picture in the preview it looks like 3 each of the hero and monster dice, a load of three types of chits (damage tokens, exploration tokens and success tokens I think). Then there's the 5 quest cards. And rulebook(s), possibly just the one as it's a simpler game rather than the two book approach (some? all?) recent games have had.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sadler
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The quest cards are actually quest sheets and there are six of them, five for the campaign and one for the delve quest. There is also a rules reference in addition to the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorenthion wrote:
The quest cards are actually quest sheets and there are six of them, five for the campaign and one for the delve quest. There is also a rules reference in addition to the rulebook.

Oooooo, what is this Delve quest you speak of?... surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sadler
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
Sorenthion wrote:

I'm sure FFG will have a nice preview article about it, so I probably can't say too much. I'll just say that it's a way to play a big random quest with character progression if you don't feel like playing a whole campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
Sorenthion wrote:

From rumors and the sounds of it, it sounds like the old WHQ type idea of old where you go into a random dungeon and go questing...

you have elements of the campaign tossed in, but it isn't as set as the campaign idea.

So more of a random dungeon idea...

But that's a RUMOR and gossip, it may be something totally different.

The only guy here that probably knows the real thing is Sorenthion above me!

And it appears he ain't talking...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Kronja
msg tools
I paused the highlight video and this is what I could read:

5 quest sheets
12 hero cards
6 dice
32 action cards
50 enemy cards
26 location cards
38 dungeon cards
45 gear cards
12 condition? cards
1 peril? token
1 party leader token
45 wound tokens
20 succes? tokens
9? progress tokens
1 learn to play booklet
1 rules reference
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorenthion wrote:
Titeman wrote:
Sorenthion wrote:

I'm sure FFG will have a nice preview article about it, so I probably can't say too much. I'll just say that it's a way to play a big random quest with character progression if you don't feel like playing a whole campaign.

If this is coming out in 3Q aren't they cutting the preview article a little close? I think you should just tell us all we want to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Cox
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for transcribing this.

TheSandman666 wrote:
20 succes? tokens

Definitely success tokens I think, yes. Aid actions and some other actions grant these, to be added to future rolls, improving the result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whiskemuscles wrote:
Sorenthion wrote:
Titeman wrote:
Sorenthion wrote:

If this is coming out in 3Q aren't they cutting the preview article a little close? I think you should just tell us all we want to know.

At GenCon, at FFG booth, the stand they had for WQ:ACG mentionned Q4, so I guess it was pushed back a month or 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls