Tim Park
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Moby Dick... it's a beautiful and lovingly-wrought exploration of the book... but it's not the deepest game, to put it mildly. Is this a similarly weighted exploration of Beowulf, more a love letter to the literature than a game on it's own merits? It looks fantastic, and I'm going to get a copy either way. I'm just curious whether this one is likely to sit waiting for solo mode like Moby Dick.

Again, King Post, great work. For what it is, Moby Dick is fantastic, and I am certainly looking forward to Beowulf. Not sure how I missed the Kickstarter.

Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sym etrus
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Just got it today, haven't played yet, but my take is: not exceptionally gamerly, but with much more direct player interaction and competition than Moby Dick. So maybe an easier sell to friends, maybe especially those not into more complex games.

I found that a literal jug of rum, passed around when the game called for it, went a long way in getting us into the spirit of Moby Dick. (But I otherwise agree with your assessment.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls