Subject: Which FLGS is the largest in Europe? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James To My Friends
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for an FLGS somewhere in Europe to visit, somewhere with a large diverse collection to browse.

I've been to Leisure Games in London, Brave New World in Koln, Damage Town in Vienna, several shops in Utrecht, and a few other smaller ones scattered around in Florence, Budapest and other places.

So what else can you recommend in Europe as an excuse for we to go somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samo Oleami
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From my travels around Europe, ok, mostly Germany

This was the biggest, and the nicest.
http://www.magierspiele.de/

Hamburg. They function as an online shop, so you don't need to go there. 8 big tables to play (at least when I visited). Their store functions as their storage, so you can't browse game, you must ask for them and they'll show you.

Other ideas
- Vienna was nice, with 2 shops in close vicinity.
- I remember couple of shops in Berlin. Visited two. Okayish. Probably there was more of them.

Suprising finds:
- Was stranded in Kuopio, Finland, they did have a decent FLGS. My guess is Finland is well covered (probably ask in their forums). The beauty of the lakes and nature there was astounding.
- Leuven. Okay, maybe too close to you, and probably not that special, but a decent FLGS. For me, quite an interesting little town.
- Munich. Ha. Munich is a great city to visit, have no idea why, but I always go there to check all the galleries. They don't have FLGSs! Because they have Obletter - the biggest toy store with quite big boardgaming selection (but only kids games and family games, up to KdJ). Okay there is was one FLGS which was kinda bizarre - a comic shop full of wargames and some FFG titles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Recommendations to Discussing Retailers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gadi Oron
Israel
Rehovot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Philibert - Strasbourg, France
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James To My Friends
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
regex wrote:
Philibert - Strasbourg, France

Now that is a great looking store, and Strasbourg is always worth a visit. Thanks.

James.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.