Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I am guessing no, because there is technically no "Front" and thus no "Entry Space" as defined by the rules, but I would like to make sure.

It is easy to imagine British or American Naval resources being diverted to the Skagerrak to pull away German forces from the Baltic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oberly
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am away from the rules right now, but the answer is 'no'. (And for the reasons you mention) I'm pretty sure it's either in the rules, or I have seen Mark answer the question somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Great game design makes the complex simple, replayability maximum, and abstraction credible.
badge
It’s not how well you roll that counts but how well the dice suit the game.
mbmbmbmbmb
jackalope wrote:
I am guessing no, because there is technically no "Front" and thus no "Entry Space" as defined by the rules, but I would like to make sure.

It is easy to imagine British or American Naval resources being diverted to the Skagerrak to pull away German forces from the Baltic.

Again, it’s just one of those rules you have to read literally:

[6.1] Each player must place all Directed Offensive issues won on any Front’s entry space.

[6.7] During the Military Segment each Front must try to advance towards the Axis powers. A Directed Offensive marker can be placed in any entry space to ensure that it receives offensive priority.

[7.4] The Arctic Theater has no Front or Front Track.…

So you’re right. You can’t place Directed Offensives because there’s nothing to advance on, nothing to advance with as a priority, and nothing to advance towards.

You can, however, place naval support markers but the only way to have another player fund these, is by winning their Production Issue and spending it there. That then simulates twisting a country’s arm to help you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam Parker wrote:
jackalope wrote:

Again, it’s just one of those rules you have to read literally:

[6.1] Each player must place all Directed Offensive issues won on any Front’s entry space.

[6.7] During the Military Segment each Front must try to advance towards the Axis powers. A Directed Offensive marker can be placed in any entry space to ensure that it receives offensive priority.

[7.4] The Arctic Theater has no Front or Front Track.…

So you’re right. You can’t place Directed Offensives because there’s nothing to advance on, nothing to advance with as a priority, and nothing to advance towards.

You can, however, place naval support markers but the only way to have another player fund these, is by winning their Production Issue and spending it there. That then simulates twisting a country’s arm to help you

Correct, for the reasons stated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.