Subject: Hulk Gang question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Payne
United States
Felton
California
flag msg tools
Devin Low has clarified that Fight: effects occur after defeating the villian and moving them to your victory pile in [geekurl=https://boardgamegeek.com/article/10584472#10584472)]this thread[/geekurl].

Does that mean that the player who defeated Hulk Gang can count the just defeated Hulk Gang card in her victory pile for immunity to the Cross-Dimensional Hulk Rampage?

(edit: anyone know why the geekurl above isn't working?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Baldwin
United States
Tempe
AZ
flag msg tools
That is correct. I think it's a nifty interaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pyrranha wrote:
That is correct. I think it's a nifty interaction.

Dang! Didn't think of that when I was playing earlier...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Low
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Josh,

Yes, Andrew is correct. As the Legendary rulebook says on p. 13, you put the defeated Villain into your Victory Pile, then do its Fight effect. So if you fight The Hulk Gang, you will be immune to its "Fight: Cross-Dimensional Hulk Rampage" effect, since The Hulk Gang is already in your Victory Pile. I thought about clarifying that on the Secret Wars rulesheet, but there is only so much space on the sheet! laugh

All the best,
Devin Low
Designer, Legendary meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lindyhopfan wrote:
Devin Low has clarified that Fight: effects occur after defeating the villian and moving them to your victory pile in [geekurl=https://boardgamegeek.com/article/10584472#10584472]this thread[/geekurl].

(edit: anyone know why the geekurl above isn't working?)

For /article URLs, you should use the Reply option instead and just enter the 8-digit number, like so:
this thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hogan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
devinlow wrote:
Hi Josh,

Yes, Andrew is correct. As the Legendary rulebook says on p. 13, you put the defeated Villain into your Victory Pile, then do its Fight effect. So if you fight The Hulk Gang, you will be immune to its "Fight: Cross-Dimensional Hulk Rampage" effect, since The Hulk Gang is already in your Victory Pile. I thought about clarifying that on the Secret Wars rulesheet, but there is only so much space on the sheet! laugh

All the best,
Devin Low
Designer, Legendary meeple

Yeah, I noticed there was no card clarification section like on the other rulesheets. Oh well -- thanks for your recent BGG activity to clarify!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So basically Cross Dimensional Rampage is meaningless in solo play :-/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
M_Strauss wrote:
So basically Cross Dimensional Rampage is meaningless in solo play :-/

Not really - the Hulk Gang also rampages when they escape. The Wasteland Hulk MM has a rampage as a Tactic.

Ultimate Thor rampages when he escapes, too. As does Wolverine oFP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.