GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,241 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Legendary: Secret Wars – Volume 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fragmented Reality rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Shader
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question... trying to wrap my head around this scheme.

You have one space, but the city does not exist. Okay, I got that. Do villians still overrun/escape when a new one is drawn? There is nowhere to run to (or even from actually). Are they just replaced?

If they escape do they KO a hero in the HQ on the way out? Im not sure how (especially early in the game) you could keep enough bads from escaping to not insta-lose the scenario (esp considering the scheme twist 'play two cards from the villain deck')

Am I missing something here or is this just stupidly hard?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Villains still escape and KO a Hero in the HQ. I think this is the hardest scheme in the game so far. I have no tried it yet.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick response Todd. Damn. I was hoping that I was missing something. I have no idea how you would complete that scheme successfully. By the time you got any decent cards into your deck and into your hand you could already be halfway to losing.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny thought.

Turn 1. Scheme twist.
Play card one. Mystique...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davinia
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
therealtheshader wrote:
Funny thought.

Turn 1. Scheme twist.
Play card one. Mystique...


I think I had that playing Galactus once (can't remember the scheme name). If I recall he had destroyed 3 city spaces and then she escaped and well I think you can guess the rest.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Low
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Shader!
Thanks for your questions on Fragmented Realities:
Quote:
Do villians still overrun/escape when a new one is drawn? There is nowhere to run to (or even from actually). Are they just replaced?

Yes, since each player's dimension is one city space, if a new Villain enters your dimension and there was already an old Villain there, then the old Villain escapes as normal.
Quote:
If they escape do they KO a hero in the HQ on the way out?

Yes.
Quote:
Im not sure how (especially early in the game) you could keep enough bads from escaping to not insta-lose the scenario (esp considering the scheme twist 'play two cards from the villain deck')
Am I missing something here or is this just stupidly hard?

It is hard, but beatable! Believe in yourself and fight your heart out! I have faith in you! laugh

Fragmentedly yours,
Devin Low
Designer, Legendary meeple
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
devinlow wrote:
Hi Shader!
Thanks for your questions on Fragmented Realities:
Quote:
Do villians still overrun/escape when a new one is drawn? There is nowhere to run to (or even from actually). Are they just replaced?

Yes, since each player's dimension is one city space, if a new Villain enters your dimension and there was already an old Villain there, then the old Villain escapes as normal.
Quote:
If they escape do they KO a hero in the HQ on the way out?

Yes.
Quote:
Im not sure how (especially early in the game) you could keep enough bads from escaping to not insta-lose the scenario (esp considering the scheme twist 'play two cards from the villain deck')
Am I missing something here or is this just stupidly hard?

It is hard, but beatable! Believe in yourself and fight your heart out! I have faith in you! laugh

Fragmentedly yours,
Devin Low
Designer, Legendary meeple


Thank you for the response! not to derail my own thread, but this is my wife and I's favorite game to play together. Thank you!

So why Big Trouble in Little China? That's so outta left field (And I cannot wait to play it)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher McKee
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
devinlow wrote:
Hi Shader!
Thanks for your questions on Fragmented Realities:
Quote:
Do villians still overrun/escape when a new one is drawn? There is nowhere to run to (or even from actually). Are they just replaced?

Yes, since each player's dimension is one city space, if a new Villain enters your dimension and there was already an old Villain there, then the old Villain escapes as normal.
Quote:
If they escape do they KO a hero in the HQ on the way out?

Yes.
Quote:
Im not sure how (especially early in the game) you could keep enough bads from escaping to not insta-lose the scenario (esp considering the scheme twist 'play two cards from the villain deck')
Am I missing something here or is this just stupidly hard?

It is hard, but beatable! Believe in yourself and fight your heart out! I have faith in you! laugh

Fragmentedly yours,
Devin Low
Designer, Legendary meeple



Beatable unless you are trying to fight Galactus on advanced solo mod. The game could end first turn.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len Dean-King
msg tools
mbmb
Hi all - interesting thread, reading how tough this scheme is as we almost beat it last night playing it for first time. We got how a single space means a lot of escaping villains, and yes we got swamped until we found a bit of scrapping ability to stem the tide, however, we didn't know how to deal with villains that specify particular city spaces. Yunno, can only be fought on the Bridge / Sewers etc. We house-ruled and ignored the specifics, but would be interested to know how it should be played. Ignoring the effects that trigger or are obstacles made some bad guys easy to beat, and that didn't feel right. Any thoughts?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff P
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the city does not exist, specific city spaces also do not exist. Therefore, effects that specify a certain city space can be ignored.

The catch comes when you get a Villain in your example, such as "can only be fought in the sewers." Since there's no sewers, does that mean you ignore the effect, or that you still have the effect there, but since there's no sewers you can't fight him that Villain at all?

I would say that it's probably not within the spirit of the game to have a Villain that cannot be fought at all. However, this is not much different than someone like the Blob, who can't be fought unless you have an X-Men hero. What if you didn't put any X-Men heroes in the Hero deck?

Which brings me to my point - at the end of the day, the control of these things is in your hands since you get to choose which Schemes and Heroes and Villains to use. If a particular combination would make things burdensome, then simply don't set up the game with that configuration. As more and more sets are released, it's progressively harder and harder to keep tabs on every possible Scheme to make sure they all work with every Hero. If the worst thing that happens is you get a really fun Scheme like Fragmented Realities, but it prevents you from using maybe one specific hero, then it might not be worth changing the Scheme, rather than just not using that hero with that Scheme. The upside isn't worth the downside in that case.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffP300 wrote:
...a really fun Scheme like Fragmented Realities...

"Fun"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan E.

Lawrence
Kansas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Wondering if those of you who have beat this scheme chose your heroes specifically or at random. I randomize my games and usually last 6-7 turns in this scheme playing solo. Generally turn 4 before I can start beating a villain and then a twist or two finishes me off.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I've had the same experience randomising, I've only beaten it with hand-picked Heroes & Villains. Incidentally they were:

M: Red Skull
V: Marauders, Skrulls, Sentinels
H: Cyclops, Colossus, Elektra
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.