GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,455 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Piña Pirata» Forums » Rules

Subject: Misinformation and Tortueball resolution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George I.
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Misinformation: when you play a Tiger, discard the top card from the draw pile on the action pile.

Tortueball: every time you play a Penguin on a Tortoise, you give the card with the Tortoise, on which you played the Penguin, to the player to your left.

A Tiger/Penguin card is played and Misinformation is "older" than Tortueball, i.e., it's resolved first. Are both adventures properly activated? My opponent argued that because the Penguin would be covered by the discarded card, I couldn't give her the Turtle card. What happens here?

I would assume that both rules activate normally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Picon wrote:
Misinformation: when you play a Tiger, discard the top card from the draw pile on the action pile.

Tortueball: every time you play a Penguin on a Tortoise, you give the card with the Tortoise, on which you played the Penguin, to the player to your left.

A Tiger/Penguin card is played and Misinformation is "older" than Tortueball, i.e., it's resolved first. Are both adventures properly activated? My opponent argued that because the Penguin would be covered by the discarded card, I couldn't give her the Turtle card. What happens here? :)

I would assume that both rules activate normally.

Most of the time, both rules work; you turn over the top card of the deck, then take the turtle that was played on and give it to the player to your left. The extra card on top doesn't matter.

However if the draw pile is empty, you shuffle to get a card to turn over, and then the Tortoise is no longer there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.